- To manage all aspects of Environmental Management delivery across CSL. Provide advice and guidance to the CSL onshore and offshore sites in environmental best practice and monitoring of performance across CSL.
- Effective development, delivery and on-going maintenance of an Environment Management System in compliance with ISO14001 and CSL Environmental Policy.
- Ensures that requirements of the ISO14001 registration are maintained and any proposed modifications or changes to operational practices are compared to the Environmental Management System before implementation.
- Ensures compliance of applicable environmental legislation along with advice and guidance to management and others of how this legislation will affect operations.
- Responsible for the monitoring, reporting and recording of environmental performance across the Business seeking to identify trends in performance and means to provide improvements.
- Act as the Technical Authority for all aspects of Environment Management within Centrica Storage Ltd. Maintain environment standards and work closely with the operations and maintenance teams to ensure these standards are understood and implemented. Advise on requirements, monitor performance and take management accountability for ensuring compliance through line management.
- Creation of a positive Environment culture across the operational assets and raising awareness of Environmental issues across the Business.
- Delivery on and assists in the maintenance of emergency response plans for the operational assets. Arranges or assists in the arrangement of exercises to test the veracity of those plans.
- Provide strategical and tactical preparation and delivery of CSL Environmental improvement plan
- Provides environmental support and advice to projects and for such work prior to being undertaken. Assists in the review of work packs for content and suitability before work commences.
- Act as Management Representative for all environmental matters for CSL Operations with Centrica Corporate and external regulators and agencies
- Establish and maintain a networking environment within the Centrica Energy business to foster a culture of sharing best practice.
- Participate in Emergency Response Role as required.
- Degree or equivalent in an environmental management related discipline or equivalent Chartered status desirable.
- Proven track record of Environmental Management delivery in the Oil and Gas Industry sector.
- Have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in environmental management within a complex process or chemical plant operations.
- Possess good communication skills, both written and oral together with the ability recognising the range of internal and external parties they will liaise with to influence.
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills.
- Highly motivated self-disciplined individual working in teams and as an individual.
Additional Website Text