Centrica Storage Limited has an opportunity for a legal counsel to take on a new and exciting role in Staines (West London).
Centrica Storage Limited (CSL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica plc and is legally, financially and physically separate from the rest of Centrica. CSL operates the Rough gas storage facility in the southern North Sea and the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire. It is the largest gas storage facility in the UK, providing approximately 70% of space and able to meet approximately 10% of the UK’s current peak gas demand.
This is an opportunity to gain experience working in a unique and market-leading company across its activities in operations, trading, regulation and sales.
The role reports to the Head of Legal and Compliance and exists primarily:
- To assist in managing CSL’s day-to-day requirements for legal support
- To lead the provision of legal support to specific commercial projects
- Draft and negotiate legal documentation to reflect CSL’s business requirements
- Provide legal and contractual support for commercial negotiations
- Provide legal support to construction projects and product development and design
- Provide effective legal advice and guidance on current and proposed legislation in support of CSL’s gas storage business
- Assist in the management and direction of CSL’s external legal advisers
- Support the CSL Compliance Manager interpret regulations (including statutory undertakings)
- Educated to degree level
- Qualified lawyer 3+ PQE
- In-house experience preferably in upstream oil and gas
- Skilled in contract drafting
- Ability to manage and consult internal stakeholders and prioritise competing demands in a dynamic company environment
- Good understanding of how regulators work is desirable
- Strong ability to form business-like effective relationships internally and externally
- Good communication skills
Additional Website Text