Lead Gas Engineer, Poole
PH Jones, part of British Gas, is a provider of Gas Central Heating Service, Repair and Installations to the Social Housing market. We are now looking for a Lead Gas Engineer to join our team. We can offer you an exciting journey with us, the opportunity to work with talented friendly people and put your skills to use in helping our Customers.
- Location: Poole
- Salary: Up to £32,000 dependant on experience.
- Plus benefits including company van, share save scheme, company pension, healthcare benefits and employee discounts.
- Purpose: To provide technical support to a team of Engineers.
What will you be doing?
You will be providing technical support to a team of Engineers to ensure all work in the property is delivered safely. Your day to day duties will include:
- Complete technical repairs and liaise with clients regarding problem jobs
- Identify areas of poor performance and facilitate training when required
- Take an active part in the health and safety issues both in the branch and in the field
- Delivers support and expertise to Engineers
- Assist with training and development within the branch and deputise for the Technical Manager when required
- Liaise with customers to ensure that any special requirements they have are identified and catered for
To be great in this role.....
The ideal candidate will have experience within the gas industry and an excellent technical awareness of all aspects of servicing, repairs and installation. You will have a helpful approach and be a good communicator. You will be positive, enthusiastic and outgoing, whilst being able to work within policies and guidelines. In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- ACS qualified
- Unvented hot water and solar desirable but not essential
- Full manual UK driving licence
- Create a positive and innovative atmosphere which encourages people to be their best
- Work to a high specification in order to improve and maintain quality
- Be non-confrontational when handling or involved in conflict situations
- Be alert to changing situations, show flexibility in approach, adaptability in difficult circumstances and continuously strive to achieve a result
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. British Gas operates a preferred supplier list and when required will source candidates through these agencies.