Head of Digital Operations
The purpose of the role is to create a world class digital marketing and sales capability. Develop and implement the marketing operating model, processes, tools, metrics, initiatives, tools and technology that will support and improve the operations of the global Marketing function to deliver the business objectives. Recommend allocation of operational resources accordingly.
- Capability Strategy: Assesses the organisation’s current Marketing capabilities against future Marketing objectives and requirements, and formulates a strategy to build required capability
- Marketing & Sales Capability Roadmap: Benchmark the organization’s current marketing activities, performance and investment against industry best practice. Through gap analysis, develop a roadmap for improvements and supporting business cases. Lead the development of a marketing and sales infrastructure that supports the execution of the marketing and sales strategy
- Programme Delivery: Lead the implementation of operational programmes to create a world class digital marketing capability, including directing cross-functional implementation teams
- Resource management: Accountable for managing the allocation of Marketing resources – money and people. Create a shared knowledge portal and repository of best practice
- Governance & Reporting: Working with the Marketing leadership and Group Brand to develop marketing governance process to ensure consistent messaging and adherence to brand standards. Conduct regular Marketing Operations Reviews to align Marketing strategy with plans and ensure effective execution of Marketing strategy, including a functional “health check” on at least an annual basis.
- Change management and communication: own the management and communication of operational change programme
- Digital Marketing Operations: extensive experience of developing and delivering digital marketing operations encompassing people skills, process, tools, technology, data and content management
- Sales Operations: extensive experience of developing and delivering sales operations encompassing people skills, process, tools and technology
- Planning and Performance Management: Excellent planning and programme management skills
- Influencing and presentation: able to present and explain key findings in order to engage and influence a range of senior Centrica stakeholders, customers and suppliers
- Communication skills: Highly developed communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strategic thinking and decision making: ability to link long term strategy with shorter term execution plans. A proactive, collaborative self-starter who can ‘take people with them’ working across business units and disciplines
- Collaboration: Must be able to work effectively with and influence a range of customer and internal Centrica stakeholders and external parties
- Creativity: Role must be experienced at defining new and creative strategies and tactics to deliver operational capability
- Sales support: an expert on the B2B sales process and experience of aligning insights to support go to market objectives
- Customer journey implementation: an expert at of how to apply customer insights to influence behaviors throughout the customer journey and buyer personas
- Collaboration: Must be able to work effectively with a range of internal and external Centrica stakeholders including, strategy, brand , technology teams and Industry Analysts
Level of education required to carry out the role competently and effectively:
- Degree level qualification in any discipline – or equivalent
Depth/breadth of experience required to carry out the role competently and effectively:
- Operational Capability: Experience of designing and delivering global marketing and sales operations capability
- Strategy development: Sound understanding of marketing operations strategies and comprehensive knowledge of process, tools and technologies
- Operational KPIs: Knowledge and understanding of the business key performance indicators
- Commercial Know-How: Managing for value, Understand the external market place, Understanding Centrica, Understanding our Customers.
- Collaboration: Experience at working in multi-function teams to deliver complex solutions and influence senior stakeholders
- Strategy and business case development: Experience at defining long term strategies and developing tactical plans to achieve those strategic goals
- Content & Thought leadership: Experience at developing capability to support global thought leadership campaigns