Sales Support Specialist - Distributed Energy
Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We already have over 1000 customers across 3,700 sites and expect to invest heavily in new technologies and partnerships by 2020. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for a Sales Support Specialist.
This role works within the Distributed Energy (DE) Sales Team and is responsible for supporting of the Head of DE Sales and the administration of the Sales team, being the first point of contact for the business in relation to DE sales.
- Location - Oxford
You will be responsible for assisting the head of Distributed Energy Sales to drive the teams focus on delivering against their team and individual objectives and quarterly targets. You will be responsible for ensuring that best practise is followed by all existing and new members of staff and supporting the whole team ensuring that processes are followed by the customers, and Sales managers. You will also be responsible for the management of the sales CRM system and the support network around DE sales. And will need to liaise with the DE sales team and members of the whole business where information is required by the sales team.
The position also includes but is not limited to, the following:
- Support tender requests by ensuring that all sales managers are gathering the necessary information through liaising with sales managers, which will include data cleansing and portfolio validation, to create an initial contract offer.
- Ensuring that all internal databases are updated accurately and as necessary
- Work with the Head of DE Sales to create robust and efficient processes to produce high quality customer proposals.
- Ensuring that team CRM KPI’s are achieved and on occasions when KPI’s may not be met the risks are flagged to the Head of DE sales.
- Will support SLT meeting and ensure that all MBR reporting is correctly match with CRM data.
- Will prioritise workload appropriately to ensure that deadlines are met and important opportunities are not missed
- Taking and dealing with other teams, and Sales Managers to support the DE sales team.
- Liaising with internal teams including commercial, pricing, and operations to deliver complex solutions for the customer.
- Tender management support when required in order to escalate potential late tenders or work issues and complete projects efficiently.
- Manage the DE teams meetings and team events.
- Manage SLT weekly update calls and log appropriate documentation.
- External engagement with customers and supply chain companies.
We are looking for someone who is highly motivated with exceptional communication and presentation capabilities. You must have strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads often under conflicting deadlines and be highly numerically literate with the ability to analyse and troubleshoot data. In addition we are seeking the following skills and abilities:
- Essential: Working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite (including intermediate level Excel)
- Essential: excellent telephone skills
- Essential: Strong stakeholder management skills
- Essential: Understanding of Sales Support and ability to exceed against targets
- Desirable: Familiarity with SAP and Salesforce systems
- Desirable: prior knowledge of the Energy industry
- Salary – up to £27,000 + range of flexible benefits
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing Sales Support Specialist - Distributed Energy R9907179 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.