UX & UI Designer
Do you want to help us create world class digital experiences? British Gas is recruiting for a UX Designer with exciting creative capabilities and a strong interest in innovation to work as part of their vibrant and growing internal UX agency at their Headquarters in Staines-upon-Thames (TW18), London. In British Gas we enjoy fostering a culture of innovation, exploration and creativity within the UX Team that ensures we never accept the status quo or the uninspiring solution.
- Salary - Competitive
As UX Designer you will be working in one of four teams of 3-4 UX Designers and reporting to a Senior UX Designer. You will be using agile design methodologies and working in one of a number of scrum teams that cover all areas of digital including responsive web and native apps serving a user base of around 11 million.
We are at a very exciting time of change in the business where there is great opportunity to make regular meaningful contributions to our users experiences.
This role will require you to:
- Be the confident, objective voice of our users
- Relentlessly chase innovation and produce world class quality experiences
- Follow and help to shape our own internal UX processes
- Empower the UX team and collaborate internally/externally
- Work in a dynamic agency style environment that fosters creativity and idea sharing
What we need from you:
You will be driven by a passion for the user and an ambition to push the boundaries of how we can satisfy and delight our users beyond best practices and industry standards. You will be overflowing with exciting ideas and be able to articulate them clearly to stakeholders with emotion and bullet proof reasoning.
For this role we would like to see your most recent portfolio of work so please ensure that you attach it to your application!
You will have:
- An energetic and visible passion for user centred design & problem solving
- An intrinsic ability to turn complexity into simplicity
- The competency to be both quick and thorough
- An analytical capacity to allow you to quickly pinpoint a problem and suggest the best solution
- Exceptional communication, presentation and storytelling skills
- A constant craving for ongoing learning, improvement and enhancement
- An impressive portfolio that demonstrates your general expertise across many areas of the UX landscape including:
- User Research & Testing
- User Journey, Task & Process analysis
- Information Architecture
- Wireframing, Sketching, Interaction & Micro-Interaction Design
- Visual Design (Photoshop)
- Prototyping (Axure)
- Data Analytics (GA, SiteCatalyst, ClickTale)
- Conversion Optimisation & Persuasive Design techniques
- Workshop facilitation & concept presentation/demonstration
- Knowledge of UX trends (past, present and predicted)
- Great expectation management and collaboration skills across multi-discipline teams
- Experience as a UX Designer
- Experience scoping project timescales and delivering on time
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing UX & UI Designer R9910530 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
Salary - Competitive