Junior Java Developer
British Gas is recruiting for a Junior Java Developer with exciting creative capabilities and a strong interest in innovation to work as part of their vibrant and growing Digital website development team internal UX agency at their Headquarters in Staines
This is a perfect opportunity for a Junior Java Developer who is looking to expand their experience to be part of trendy cutting-edge and expanding area of British Gas Information Systems`
In British Gas we enjoy fostering a culture of innovation, exploration and creativity within the UX Team Digital team that ensures we never accept the status quo or the uninspiring solution. The Digital team is focussed on completely transforming the British Gas website www.britishgas.co.uk.
A typical day for the Junior Java Developer in the Digital Web Development team would see them engaged in a variety of activities as well as being expected to be able to fulfil the following
- Knowledge or hands on technical experience of Java technologies. You will need to be the geek who is able to code and develop algorithms
- Works alongside other Java developers and senior leadership to learn from the best and develop their ongoing technical knowledge and career
- Works with the server-side development team and the Lead Java Architect to own and continue to develop Java Microservices API endpoints, for customer-facing web apps on the britishgas,co.uk website to consume.
- Troubleshoots development and production problems across the Digital channel.
- Asks for help when necessary and reaches out into 3rd parties, vendors and the Open Source community to further the ends of the team
- Graduate level with hands a passion for coding and programming
- Experience or knowledge of developing with Java technologies
- Knowledge of Java Microservices and Spring Cloud.
- Knowledge or experience of Java development within a commercial website environment would be beneficial but not necessary
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Experience with automated configuration management, deployment and testing solutions
- Strong communication skills and able to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audience
- Location: Staines (TW18), London
- Package starting at £28,000 with annual bonus, pension and further competitive benefits
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing Junior Java Developer R9909022 in the subject title.
Agencies: British Gas operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.