Category Management Champion
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.'
The Category Management Champions are an essential part of the Procurement Transformation programme in ensuring that a Category Management approach is consistently embedded within the way that the Procurement team delivers its service.
The role will be required to deliver coaching, support and a “hands on” approach to drive a consistent methodology to how categories are delivered across the group, leaving a lasting legacy within the individuals and teams that are worked with.
The role will require engagement with a number of the Business Units and Functional Procurement teams and should be collaborative and constructively challenging whilst embedding good practice within the teams.
Success for the role is the delivery of a standardised way of working and a quantifiable improvement in Procurement standards as a result of the changes.
The role requires a highly experienced category expert, with a track record of Category Management and Supplier Management driven results across a number of different category areas and business types. The ability to share this knowledge and learning in a constructive way which creates a lasting legacy within the teams is a key requirement.
- Ability to deal with colleagues across a number of geographies and business areas.
- Strong engagement and influencing skills across the function.
- A good understanding of different markets and industries and how Category Management is relevant within those areas.
- A strong understanding of the Supplier Management process and how this fits in to an overall category strategy.
- Ability to segment a supplier and supply market place to identify the most optimal approach to deliver long term value.
- A good understanding of what good Category Management looks like and the ability to sell this in to colleagues across the team.
- Good understanding of the Procurement end to end process and how better information and improvements in process can deliver value to the organisation.
- A strong networker with the ability to build productive relationships across all areas of the group and collaborate with colleagues to build solutions which work for them and the organisation as a whole.
- Ability to source and analyse data, bringing insight to identify new 3rd Party opportunities.
- Be able to adapt their plan to the wider needs of the Procurement function and adapt the programme accordingly.
- Leading by example as an advocate of the new Procurement model and approach.
- Ability to prioritise and manage complexity effectively.
- Ability to influence Procurement colleagues at all levels and play a mentoring role where required for team members.
- Ability to challenge industry norms and proactively seek out opportunities to deliver sustained improvements in performance.
- Build a One Procurement and One Centrica culture.
- Coaching mind set rather than a directive mind-set.
- Ability to embed learning within the team for the long term.
- Able to seek out new Best Practice in the market and make use of it within the Group.
- Degree educated or appropriate relevant in work experience.
- Membership of CIPS (or equivalent).
- Strong experience of a Category Management approach and understanding of good Procurement practice, including Supplier Management best practice.
- Good understanding of data sources that can build a category plan and experience of using insight effectively.
- Ability to coach/mentor individuals to drive improved behaviours and approaches.
- Delivery of category based success across a number of diverse categories and market places.
- Working closely with the Procurement teams to deliver timely and effective support for the delivery of category planning within the organisation.
- Delivery of a consistent framework for Category Management to deliver a single approach which can be rolled out across all areas of the organisation.
- Working with Procurement colleagues to deliver a Category Management approach which meets the requirements of the new organisational model.
- Ability to manage portfolio to support colleagues in a way which meets the Procurement target agenda/focus areas at that point in time.
- Day to day support for colleagues in pulling together category strategies.
- Responsive to individual and team needs ensuring they are seen as an
- Contributing to a delivery approach for the deployment of a consistent methodology across the group.
- Leaving a lasting legacy of change and improvement in how Procurement is deployed across the organisation.
important and integral part of that team.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability