Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
This position reports to the Managing Counsel – North America Home for Direct Energy and is located in Houston, Texas. The Coordinator will assist the North America Home Legal Team (and support for other teams as needed) on a wide variety of issues and matters relating to the work of the North America Home legal function, including governance, legal operations, budget administration, matter management, software, and other administrative support. This role requires a highly reliable, motivated, and organized individual. Candidates must be solutions-oriented with the ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced open-office environment.
- At least five (5) years of relevant legal assistance experience.
- Experience supporting executives, multiple attorneys and legal professional work streams in a law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- Exceptional time management, organizational, communication, interpersonal and team skills.
- Proficiency with Windows and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, SharePoint, etc.).
- Experience working with corporate record management database platforms and outside counsel billing software such as Serengeti Tracker
- Develop and manage legal team’s collaborative spaces on SharePoint.
- Assistance with the development and implementation of policies and procedures, with particular focus on efficiency and improvement of workflow.
- Coordinate activities and provide administrative and research support for large projects such as corporate restructuring.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and collaboratively with legal department support staff and attorneys.
- Track and monitor team budgeting efforts.
- Arrange, plan and coordinate meetings and/or conference calls across multiple locations and time zones including international scheduling.
- Assist with the development of training materials and programs on various legal issues for internal clients.
- Ability to communicate tactfully with internal management and staff at all levels.
Additional Website Text