Residential Estimator - AutoCAD
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
Airtron has established itself as one of the leading providers of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems (HVAC). We provide an all-encompassing approach to HVAC solutions, from professional installations of premium products to comprehensive service plans, so systems work at their peak efficiency to provide customer comfort at the lowest cost. With more than 40 years of experience in the cooling and heating industry we have the knowledge and skills that allow us to stand firmly behind our work.
Roles and Responsibilities
The primary function of this role is to utilize residential blueprints to complete load calculations, duct designs and material takeoffs for each home.
Role and Responsibilities
- Interprets blueprints and CAD drawings to create HVAC load calculations and designs
- Estimates the amount of materials and cost of labor to complete the installation of HVAC systems in new residential homes
- Communicates directly to our divisions’ sales & administrative teams when necessary
- Returns all necessary information back to the assigned division in a timely manner to continue with the bid process
- Communicates all internal issues or questions to the team leader or estimating manager
- Ability to forecast the needs of materials per each blueprint
- High School diploma, associate’s degree or higher preferred
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Outlook Programs for daily communication
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and be able to analyze the information
- Responsible to work as a team member for any assigned division/region
- Must be able to meet short deadlines with the ability to work beyond normal office hours when required
- Possesses basic CAD operating skills
- Ability to learn and operate estimating and load calculation software efficiently
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability