BG31567 Smart Governance Manager (PMO)
Location: Leicester (LE19 1SZ) with regular travel to Oxford
By 2020 all UK homes and businesses are mandated to have Smart meters installed. BGB has led the non domestic market in delivery of AMR and Smart meter technology to its business customers, installing over 400k meters since 2006.
From 2016 – 2020 all UK energy suppliers will be legally mandated to complete this roll out to their remaining Electricity and Gas customers, for BGB (UK Business) this means installing and operating a further 500k meters across its remaining customer portfolio.
The Smart Governance Manager will play a pivotal role in ensuring all aspects of the Non domestic Smart roll out programme are suitably governed and provide a vital compliance assurance capability. They will ensure will all aspects of the non domestic delivery model and wider facets of the UK business Smart programme fully support the business’ regulatory Smart compliance agenda and successful delivery of its 2020 Smart mandate objectives.
- Evaluate ongoing adequacy of non domestic Smart programme governance model and establish best practice governance across all facets of UK business Smart delivery.
- Maintain the UK business Smart programme model, programme RAID log and provide oversight across the wider Smart programme delivery plan.
- Support all aspects of Smart related change activity, including support in building associated business cases, business investment documents, PCD’s and any other associated change programme documentation and material.
- Support Smart and data leadership team in collation and evaluation of information that informs progress against plans, risk & issue management.
- Work with relevant business teams to support creation and maintenance of Smart related Risk and controls frameworks and provide associated Risk & control evidence material as required.
- Develop and maintain the Smart programme RACI, ensuring ongoing engagement and involvement of key Smart stakeholders in UK business Smart decision making and plan development.
- Provide PMO support for ad hoc/ lifecycle projects impacting Smart operations and the wider UK business Smart programme.
- Work closely with the UK Residential Smart PMO, to identify & establish way of creating closer collaboration between business units and identify ways of developing aligned working.
- Compile management reports, maintains programme and project information and ensures Smart configuration library is maintained to relevant standards.
- Ensure collation and recording of relevant policy, procedural and project delivery material that supports development of UK business’ All Reasonable Steps evidence base.
- Support creation of the plans and act a “policing unit” ensuring associated project/ Smart business owners adhere to high standards of governance and project management principles.
- Build collaborative relationships with stakeholders across wider business teams & 3rd parties that influence or contribute to the UK Business Smart strategy; facilitate understanding, support and direct change across all Smart operation impacting teams & processes.
- Scan the horizon for potential future risks and immediate issues which threaten successful delivery of UK Business Smart deliverables, escalating as appropriate.
- Help shape and transition UK Business Smart operating model into a best practice function which supports and underpins the successful delivery of the UK Business Smart metering strategy to 2020.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Experience of Smart metering. Ideally having worked in Smart Metering based delivery/ project role. - Demonstrable experience of PMO processes and techniques.
- Understands core regulatory drivers of Smart metering and has strong grasp of how Industry processes & infrastructure will be impacted by Smart meter roll out in next 5 years.
- Understands UK energy Industry, key participants, roles, responsibilities & interactions.
- Best practice understanding/ qualifications in relevant project management techniques and/or Six Sigma.
- An exceptional organiser of self and others, able to coordinate and lead diverse activities & stakeholders through change
- Strong team player, capable of rapidly building close working relationships with stakeholders.
- Able to juggle multiple activities and priorities, whilst maintaining clear focus on delivery and successful end outcomes for customers and the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way.
- Natural collaborator, who has strong influencing / stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of intellect, self-awareness and emotional intelligence with a passion for learning.
- Strong and personable team member, with record of high performance and able to live the British Gas values.
Salary Range - £25,000 - £34,000 Plus excellent benefits
Location: Leicester LE19 1SZ
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document. Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing BG31567 Smart Governance Manager (PMO) R9990273 in the subject title.
Agencies: British Gas operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.