Asset & Configuration Management Analyst
Centrica and British Gas IS are looking to recruit an Asset & Configuration Analyst to join their IS Department in Staines (TW18).
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and owning the relationships between the Asset & Configuration Management team and the Data Owners within the business, whilst ensuring the Asset and Configuration Management Process is understood by users.
Responsible for developing and owning the relationships between the Asset & Configuration Management team and the Data Owners within the business, whilst ensuring the Asset and Configuration Management Process is understood by users. To ensure compliancy with policies, and that the CMDB is maintained as the single source of truth in relation to the Centrica IT Estate. Furthermore through the demonstration of an analytical approach and skill set they will identify and deliver opportunities for continuous improvement around ITIL and COBIT best practice. They will also develop and implement Data Connection enhancements and relevant technology roadmap.
- Responsible for the effective maintenance of the data within the CMDB in line with agreed service targets
- Creates regular Asset and Configuration Management reports, including monthly/weekly KPI’s, management reports and ad hoc CI reports
- Takes part in CMDB auditing activities
- Takes part in all aspects of data reconciliation activities, and progresses resolutions of resulting exceptions
- Interface and manage the delivery of supplier services end to end in obtaining agreed service levels in line with contracts
- Understanding of the principles of Service Management and experience of complex and diverse IS systems in a service-focused organisation
- ITIL Foundation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills essential
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to maintain a clear focus on achieving results that meet professional and quality standards, within agreed timescales.
- Ability to consider the needs of the audience and ability to adapt style and approach to tailor key information effectively
- Attention to detail essential, supporting high quality output essential
- Previous experience in maintaining a CMDB for a large / complex infrastructure preferred
- Service Now experience essential
- Experience of supplier management essential
- Experience in working with Excel essential
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Asset & Configuration Management Analyst R9906844 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.