Head of Global Operations, Legal
Overall responsibility for transforming the Global Legal team, and delivering excellence in the operational management of the Global legal function.
Although this role is supporting the Legal function, it is not a role as a lawyer and no legal experience is necessary. The key focus for this role over the next 1-2 years will be in leading a strategic programme to support a change in the operating model for the legal function and to support the introduction of new systems and processes, people development and cultural changes needed to support this new model. It is a very exciting time for the function and for Centrica as we create a new Global Legal team – and this role will have a significant part to play in driving that change.
To determine the operating model and provide professional and operational support to the legal teams. Working with the Legal leadership team to enable the team to deliver high quality, high impact, high value support, in a cost effective and efficient manner, to enable the various Centrica businesses to meet their objectives.
- Designing the new operating model for the Global legal team, creating and implementing new ways of working, and creating a true global function
- Implementation of new processes to automate where appropriate, effectively manage the supply-demand balance
- Overall monitoring of the operating expenditure of the function, including both internal and external resources and costs
- Implementation and management of governance for the function, including management of the QPR process
- Financial reporting and MI for Legal team
- Coordination of global Legal team systems, tools and processes
- Management of Legal team’s online presence and communication
- Facilitating provision of professional support to the Legal team (including knowledge management, value add processes and training and development)
Although this role is supporting the Legal function, it is not a role as a lawyer and no legal experience is necessary. Educated to at least degree level or equivalent combination of education and significant professional experience.
- Strong relationship and project management skills are essential
- Proven ability to:
- Shape and deliver change programmes
- Develop strategic direction and then translate this in to deliverable implementation plans
- Manage end to end processes and consistently work to improve these and deliver excellence
- Design and implement governance processes
- Manage and improve performance through the use of MI and KPIs
- Work with conflicting priorities/opinions and influence and lead to a conclusion
- Work independently and in a team setting, influencing delivery through a range of styles
- Manage a diverse group of stakeholders in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Prioritise and manage multiple high value projects to successful completion
- Influence at a senior level, securing buy-in of key stakeholders and budget allocation required to deliver the role
- Good understanding of accounting and financial practices.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andrew.Neil@centrica.com typing Head of Global Operations, Legal CEN30388 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.