Operations Service Manager
- Develop and focus the strategy within the Planning & Dispatch team and lead the efficiency of the Planning & Dispatch team, recommending strategic changes to support the short term Planning strategy
- Focus on the delivery of Service Excellence by precision Planning through the D54 window to dispatching of the work to our engineers
- Work closely across Planning, Dispatch and field teams to review processes, data and plans to recommend improvements
- Highlight initiatives to improve Planning & Dispatch teams and champion on projects and individual site Level to deliver cultural change to ensure the continued and improved delivery of operational performance
Part Time: 3 Day (24 hour working week) Wednesday Thursday & Friday. This role will also involve weekend work on a rotational basis (1 in 4 weekends)
- Leading the Regional Planning team, this role will ensure effective communication between the Dispatch teams, RMs, OMs, SMs, and Powerdial by acting as the point of contact
- Instill strong interaction between all teams and, where necessary, implement improvements to the support processes in pursuit of efficient and effective Service delivery and great customer experiences
- Input into the overall strategic short term Planning and dispatches decisions and provide commercial direction to the team
- Lead, motivate, inspire, engage and Develop high performance Planning & Dispatch teams to deliver the operational targets and business strategy and one that strives for continuous business improvement
- Ensure that all of our performance and outputs are aligned with the regulatory obligations
- Operations management in a fast paced environment
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of all business and Service center KPIs and the commercial aims and objectives of British Gas
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and influencing skills across all Levels to drive behavioural and performance improvement
- Strong Stakeholder management skills and ability to network across the business
- Ability to drive cultural change across a large operation
- A genuine passion for delivering Service Excellence
- Resilient and able to resolve issues under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate commercial Acumen and attention to detail
- Managing for value, understanding our customers and the external marketplace
- Understanding the wider strategy within Centrica
- Previous experience in engaging, Leading & motivating large teams
- Experience of operating within an FCA regulated environment
- Experience of Leading resource based Planning and Dispatch teams
- Experience of Working in a unionised workforce for field and office based teams
- C7 understanding of the commercial aims and objectives of British Gas
Additional Website Text
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Jay.Sobers@centrica.com typing'Update required: Operations Service Manager R9910185' in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com