Centrica’s international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We already have over 1000 customers across 3,700 sites and expect to invest heavily in new technologies and partnerships by 2020. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for an Energy Manager.
The role forms part of the Design &Engineering Function which delivers industry leading energy generation and energy efficiency solutions for industrial and commercial customers, working alongside other technical engineering teams.
Location – Flexible home based but with regular travel to Windsor and Oxford £37,000 - £43,000 + car / pension / bonus / 25 days holiday.
- Energy engineering: Responsible for the development of energy engineering solutions focussed on the design of Building Management Systems (BMS) and the holistic controls of a range of energy technologies for industrial and commercial customers. Tasks range from tendering / estimating potential projects through to detailed design and working drawings. Develop technical solutions that generate value for our customers and commercial opportunities for DE&P.
- Cost estimates: Lead in the development of cost estimates and develop the bill of materials as input into the overall commercial solution design, working closely with the contractor performance teams for pricing.
- Technical knowledge: Maintain an industry leading level of knowledge of distributed energy technologies and their integration on customer sites. Provide solution design expertise to other stakeholders across DE&P as required (e.g. supporting the technical sales team)
- Manage risk and assurance: Assist the Energy Engineering Manager in meeting all technical and compliance risks, as well as assisting the business in developing industry leading engineering standards
- Reporting: Support the Energy Engineering Manager in providing the PMO office with detailed and on-time progress reports, tracking project timescales, resources, HSE and budget
- Business systems: Support the generation, maintenance and upkeep of all design records relating to projects. In parallel, assist in the successful adoption of a new Project Management System and champion its use throughout all operations
We are looking for a technical specialist with experience in designing and optimising BMS systems for large scale I&C customers. You must have an excellent working knowledge of CAD software (2D and 3D AutoCAD Mechanical) as well as Windows based software tools to support design activities.
In addition we are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Technical engineering & design expertise: Strong understanding of BMS systems and the holistic control and design of energy systems within large industrial and commercial facilities. Ability to analyse, assess and redesign BMS systems to optimise efficiency at all times based on customer’s needs
- Design: The ability to develop detailed yet practical, effective and efficient designs for our customers
- Multi-technology: Experience in the integration of a range of different technologies and energy solutions including HVAC, lighting, CHP, solar, back-up power and other energy efficiency and generation technologies.
- Cross-functional communication: The ability to converse and collaborate with electrical, mechanical and software engineers, as well as commercial and installation teams to enable the delivery of industry leading engineering solutions
Centrica Energy, part of Centrica plc, is a FTSE100 company operating in the UK, Europe, North America and Trinidad and Tobago. Delivering a balanced mix of gas and oil production, power generation and energy trading, we’re proud to be securing the UK’s energy needs. Our continuing success is driven by a high performance culture where the achievements of our people make the difference. An environmentally conscious company - Centrica Energy aims to have the lowest carbon-footprint power generation fleet in the UK. Our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Energy Manager R9908137 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.