Customer Support Advisor (Fixed Term Contract)
- Identify any operational and regulatory risks, escalating as appropriate
- Ensure the service we offer our customers is to the highest standard
- Operate information systems to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records
- Understand and adhere to the company and department standards, policies and procedures
- Adhere to the Competence and Training procedures, in particular, to promote a culture where customers are treated fairly and are properly informed
- Apply British Gas values in all day to day activities
- Effective networking and partnering with customers, suppliers and operational teams within the peer group to resolve issues, share best practice and implement solutions to improve overall service levels
- Team members to lead, inspire and support in order
This is a fast paced, demanding role and the successful candidate needs to be adaptable to change of pace in workload.The purpose of the role is to communicate with our customers and keep them informed regarding site visits at all times ensuring their expectations are managed effectively and by using the tools provided in a timely and professional manner.
- The purpose of the role is to play a vital part in ensuring our customer experience in our in day service
- To undertake a frontline Customer Support to also include administrative functions
- To deliver a first class service to both external and internal customers
- To remain to committed customers fairly
We are looking for:
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn
- An approachable nature and aptitude to assist in completing tasks outside of their remit to meet business needs whilst maintaining confidentiality and data protection requirements
- Excellent organisational & prioritising of workload
- Excellent communication and effective network skills to impact and influence
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strategic thinking and effective decision making
- Focus and drive to achieve results
- Bring a sense of urgency to situations, demonstrate an active approach, be willing to get involved in order to increase the pace and achieve goals and objectives
- Willingness to go the extra mile for our customers and our colleagues
- Create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Experience working in a frontline customer contact role
- Appropriate I.T. and telephone skills -Systems such as, Siclops, Servicepower, Service manager, Sage.
- GCSE English and Maths Grade C or above
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills to an intermediate level
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing Customer Support Advisor (Fixed Term Contract) R9909766 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.