Credit Risk Analyst
The Portfolio Quality & Analytics Team in British Gas is responsible for automated credit risk management across the customer journey from pre-Acquisition to pre-Collections for residential and business customers. Reporting to, and working with a senior risk analyst or risk manager, this role provides the analytical support that is required as part of the business’ delivery of effective credit risk management tools and techniques which underpin the customer relationship with British Gas throughout the credit lifecycle.
- Fixed Term Contract up to 12 Months
- Location – Leicester
- Basic salary - up to £29,000
You will be required to deliver credit risk analytics, scorecard modelling, or reporting. Identify key performance trends and segments deserving additional focus whilst drawing out key messages where appropriate. In addition the role has the following responsibilities:
- Using appropriate credit risk analytical techniques to target and analyse relevant data to drive understanding of portfolio trends and opportunities to improve business performance
- Develop and use appropriate technical expertise (e.g. SAS Enterprise Guide, SAP/BRF+, Excel) to target relevant data and business information, and test and implement automated strategies in British Gas systems
- Provide ongoing support for the development and execution of regular and ad-hoc reporting, scorecard monitoring, and analysis
- Provide an effective personal contribution to the sharing of knowledge, ideas and information relating to credit risk management across the business
- Build and maintain a relevant stakeholder network
We are looking for candidates with relevant analytical experience, preferably a graduate, in a statistics or similar numerate discipline. You must have the ability to manipulate, analyse and interpret data to solve problems logically. We are also looking for the following skills and experience:
- Attention to detail and the ability to document technical analysis and processes comprehensively
- Experience in SAS, SQL, or similar analytical software is desirable
- Good MS Office skills, in particular MS Excel
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to adapt content and detail as appropriate for the intended audience
- Good time management skills, with the ability to prioritise multiple deliverables
- The ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Continually seeking to improve performance by asking for feedback. Showing a continued desire and passion to learn and taking on new challenges
- Awareness of the financial marketplace and the implications to the utilities industry
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Credit Risk Analyst R9909598 in the subject title.
Agencies: British Gas operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.