Corporate Business Manager
To retain and grow the portfolio through selling energy solutions, including supply and energy efficiency measures to large industrial and commercial customers who spend up to £5M on energy supply
- To deliver sales targets for both energy suppy and energy services.
- To ensure we are managing a contract to its terms and conditions, including payment within terms.
- Develop and maintain account plans and significant opportunity planning using the tools available (Salesforce.com) to make these visible to the business.
- Effective territory planning, including creating, developing and maintaining a pipeline of accounts in your area/sector, whilst operating within a clear customer policy.
- To build deep and meaningful relationships with customers throughout their organisation including C level executives.
- Provide innovative solutions to influence customer buying habits and leverage Centrica capacity to ensure maximum value is generated from our customers.
- To promote our capabilities and resources to customers/prospects through our value proposition.
- Provide activity reports using the tools available to keep customer activity up to date – including accurate pipelines and forecasts, meeting activity, feedback on tenders and logging of account plans and opportunity plans.
- Provide competitor and market intelligence to influence the strategy and tactical position of the Major Accounts Sales channel.
- Ensure sales quality and present business to the portfolio that delivers true value.
- To carry out all aspects of the role in line with current BGB standards, guidelines and processes, meeting training, regulatory, compliance and audit requirements.
- Identify any operational and regulatory risks, escalating as appropriate.
- Apply British Gas values in all day to day activities.
We are looking for someone who has successful new business development experience with ability to generate their own leads and develop pipeline of customer prospects, whilst working within a defined territory. You must be a very strong communicator with experience presenting customer solutions at a board level and to large numbers of people, and have knowledge and experience of managing FTSE 100 customer relationships in the private sector. Other skills required include:
- Solid IT skills to manipulate data and take advantage of systems that assist the Sales team to manage and deliver customer relationships and propositions.
- A flexible working style and be prepared to travel nationally.
- Dedication is required to work from home and be customer facing and the job holder should accept that the position is not a typical 09.00 to 5.00 job.
- Target driven with proven ability to consistently exceed stretching targets.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable presenting and negotiating with senior management externally and internally.
- Strong networking ability and ability to represent the sales channel across Centrica.
- Strong teamwork skills are necessary as the cycle touches a number of teams and success for individuals hinges on helping to co-ordinate this interaction.
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing Corporate Business Manager R9907373 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
Base Salary C.£40,000 plus bonus and excellent benefit package including car allowance/car and 25 days annual leave
Location - Home Based with national travel with regular travel to our Oxford Office