BG32004 Risk Analyst
British Gas Business (BGB) is looking to appoint a Risk Analyst to be based in their Windsor office. The role is within the SME Commercial team of British Gas Business and the purpose is to support the energy procurement and risk management of the gas and power portfolios. The Risk Analyst’s key objectives will be to evaluate risk exposures inherent to the pricing and hedging strategies of BGB and to develop appropriate (or improve existing) risk methodologies and reporting tools to support and monitor the commercial hedging decisions made by BGB.
The role has a strong quantitative component, and requires an ability to solve business problems using numerical approaches.
You will be required to understand, evaluate and communicate elements of risk within existing and proposed pricing products sold to retail Business Customers. You must undertake accurate, timely and relevant weekly and monthly reporting and assist in the development of different hedging and sourcing strategies for BGB power and gas sales to customers. You will also be required to:
- Establish robust risk assessment processes and procedures in line with Company best practice
- Calibrate, update and improve models used for pricing risk premiums and shaping cost
- Assist in the development of automated risk reporting tools
- Develop and maintain up-to-date documentation
Applicants must have strong numeracy and IT skills, be fluent in common MS packages and ideally have experience of simulation techniques, risk and statistical analysis. You must have a strong intuitive understanding of probability and modelling, including limitations of mathematical models and have an excellent attention to detail and accuracy. We are also looking for the following:
- Familiarity with the UK energy markets or other commodity or financial markets would be advantageous, but not essential
- Initiative and motivation to address issues without being asked to do so and a pro-active approach
- Time management and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing BG32004 Risk Analyst R9990158 in the subject title.
Agencies: British Gas operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
Location: Windsor - SL4 5GD
Base Salary c.£35k depending on experience and skill. Excellent Benefit Package including bonus and 25 day holiday.