Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The primary role the Retention Analyst is to assist the US Energy Commercial team in managing and influencing the performance of Direct Energy’s residential customer segment across the US by focusing on the mitigation of customer attrition. The Retention Analyst will enhance the understanding of the segment and its value drivers through analytics, sales forecasting, customer segmentation, management reporting and decision support activity. The position requires a strong financial background, business acumen, understanding of marketing, analytical skills and the ability to work cross functionally.
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field. An advanced degree such as a MBA is strongly encouraged.
- Strong understanding of financial, marketing principles and commercial practices are required
- Demonstrated track record of achievement
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills required. SQL experience preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze solutions and make recommendations to management
- Must be able to work with cross functional groups
- Teambuilding, networking and ability to communicate and drive results with people at all levels
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of renewal and retention strategies across sub-segments of the US Residential customer portfolio
- Provide primary decision support to the US Energy Commercial team by preparing and contributing to ad hoc analysis to support decision making process
- Develop a deep understanding of the value drivers of the business
- Monitor retention campaign performance and provide recommendations for improvement
- Collaborate cross functionally with Sales, Operations and Pricing to manage retention pricing and products
- Work cross functionally with Sales and Marketing to optimize channels, campaigns and cross sell initiatives
- Monitor and analyze competitor activity relating to pricing and products to provide competitive intelligence for decision making
- Build and maintain effective business partnerships, maintain pulse on business performance issues and opportunities
- Monitor revenues and costs related to retention campaigns to ensure maximum profitability
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text