Customer Experience Team Analyst
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The CET Analyst is responsible for receiving and resolving inbound customer inquiries that have escalated to our Tier 3 queue. Ability to put yourself in the customers’ shoes is a must. The analyst will receive, investigate, analyze, and resolve inquiries via phone, email and in person. A good candidate for this role will have exceptional communication skills; both verbal and written. S/he will be responsible for developing and communicating a formal response to customer and/or regulatory entities such as the Alberta Utilities Commission, Better Business Bureau, Media inquiries and Alberta Utilities Commission. All responses must be in compliance with regulatory guidelines while keeping the best interests of the customer and the business in mind.
• Cannot be hesitant to speak with customers on the phone and in person
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency and work ethic
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience in the deregulated electricity and natural gas market preferred
• Demonstrated expert verbal and written communication skills required
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to quickly grasp and understand complex business and technical concepts
• Efficiently manage multiple tasks with competing priorities and successfully meet all deadlines
• Highly self-motivated, organized, and professional, including the ability to work independently and partner effectively with others to achieve desired business results
• Detail oriented and dependable with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Willingness to learn new skills and work in a fast paced, frequently changing environment
• 3 years or more of relevant experience that includes focus on customer experience
• At least 2 years’ experience in customer inquiry analysis, inquiry processing and preparing related reports preferred
• Ability to work effectively with internal and external business contacts while conveying a proactive and positive attitude
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment
• Willingness to work long hours or be “on call” periodically
• Intermediate to advanced level knowledge of MS Office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and SAP
• Ability to learn and work in multiple systems simultaneously
• Ability to travel to US occasionally
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Works independently to investigate and resolve customer inquiries
• Identifies and implements applicable corrective and preventative actions to facilitate inquiry closure
• Confidently communicates with customer throughout investigation and resolution
• Identifies and alerts management to events with potential high business impact
• Effectively manages workload to meet all deadlines and productivity goals
• Ensures appropriate inquiry classifications are assigned in our databases to allow precise trending for data analysis purposes
• Commitment to go further and beyond to meet customers needs'
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Ability to communicate by phone (listening & speaking)
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
• Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
• Some travel may be required (US and Canada)
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability