Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
- Ability to handle multiple agreements concurrently and responding quickly to requests from internal clients
- Ability to identify and provide solutions to legal issues
- Ability to collaborate with a wide variety of teams to accomplish tasks
- Strong communicator who translates legal matters into concise and credible messages
- JD degree from ABA accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in at least one US state
- Minimum of 5 years working in a large law firm or similar corporate legal function
- Ability to handle multiple contracts and requests
- Emphasis on work related to the energy field
- Proven ability to negotiate and draft non-standard contracts that address complex and difficult issues.
- Working knowledge of wholesale and retail electricity and natural gas markets a plus
- Licensed to practice law in at least on US State
- Provide legal support and advice to NA Business, one of the largest wholesale and retail electricity and natural gas suppliers in North America.
- Draft, review and negotiate complex retail and wholesale commodity contracts
- Delivering legal services for other transactions and projects as may be assigned
- Provide independent hands-on counsel to business partners on a wide range of legal issues.
- Being able to provide high quality legal service to a business with high contract and transactional volume demands and quick turn-around times driven by market forces.
- Set daily priorities for workload, and ensure a work product consistent with company objectives and practices.
- Provide recommendations, as needed, on transactional risk and document standardization; identify and analyse complex legal and procurement related issues, draft key documents, present clear recommendations and minimize risk while simultaneously supporting company strategy.
- As assigned, support complex & innovative transactions, including M&A and eeffectively communicate with counterparties and advocate DE’s positions
- Independently manage the needs of internal clients in a timely manner
Additional Website Text