Paralegal Complex Transactions
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
This role is a key member of the Direct Energy Business Legal and Complex Transaction team and is responsible for transaction review, process management, and analytics related to Request for Proposals (“RFPs”) and other highly complex customer requests for retail commodity supply. Responsibilities will include preparing responses to RFPs, coordinating and evaluating US Power and Gas opportunities of the highest value and most complexity and presenting these opportunities to the Non-Standard Transaction Committee.
This role will work closely with functional and executive stakeholders across Direct Energy Business, other lines of business, shared services, and sales leaders. She/he will need to build effective working relationships with key people in all departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Business, Economics, Finance, Policy, or related field, a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of prior industry experience in energy, business, finance or a related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Customer service skills and ability to work with internal and external customers
- Project and process management skills
- Resourcefulness and ability to work with limited supervision
- Solid understanding of North American electricity and gas markets
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Review incoming RFPs and technical documentation for requirements and assist in defining completion approach.
- Efficiently evaluate and respond to high value retail supply opportunities.
- Manage proposal development and review process for deals of high complexity and significant values.
- Act as a liaison between the Non-Standard Transaction Committee and Sales during non-standard transaction review process including providing feedback to Sales regarding evaluation outcome.
- Responsible for managing 5 to 10 transactions concurrently.
- Responsible for identification of all risks – financial, contractual and operational – and instituting approvals or mitigation tactics to protect the financial interest of the business.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal functional and executive managers.
- Influence and document approvals from appropriate stakeholders for non-standard requests.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text