Employee Relations Specialist
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Employee Relations Specialist will help support the day-to-day operations of the Employee Relations team. The role reports directly to the Head of Employee Relations and is based in Houston, Texas. Some domestic travel might be required, but not expected to exceed 10%.
- Minimum 3 years’ employee relations or other HR-related experience in a corporate environment.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Team player who works collaboratively while, at the same time, able to work independently with little direction.
- Proven ability to quickly modify approach to resolve rapidly changing issues and situations.
- Bachelor degree (preferably with a concentration in HR).
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- PHR or SPHR certification.
- Provide advice and counsel to on a wide range of employee relations issues.
- Assist in the coordination of various ER initiatives and projects as assigned.
- Assist ER team members with administrative and tactical assignments as required.
- Provide assistance with severance programs including conducting severance calculations, preparing informational letters, and collecting supporting materials.
- Assist with DE’s affirmative action program and other government reporting programs as required.
- Provide direct support to the Head of Employee Relations.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text