Job DescriptionWe’re Direct Energy (DE) Solar—the leading residential solar specialist in the
country; a believer of change, technology, and goodwill; an enthusiast for
renewable energy and a greener planet.
sustainability, reduce the carbon footprint, and lower the reliance on fossil
fuels. Within six years we’ve grown to 350 employees and completed more than
3,000 installations across 12 states. With rapid growth and expansion slated for
2016, a career at DE Solar offers immense opportunities for you to make a
installation crews, who are responsible for installing residential solar
photovoltaic (PV) systems. The Electrician installs and directs the work of all
mechanical portions of solar electric installations relating to array layouts,
array racking, and module installation either roof or ground mounted. They
provide immediate in-field oversight to crews on safety, quality control, and
correct installation methods to ensure an efficient
- Passionate. You have a high level
of energy, motivation, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and
professionalism. You don't get overwhelmed easily. You are extremely keen to
learn more about everything from others.
- Driven. You are looking to join a
team that is passionate, engaging, and energetic about solar energy, Mother
Nature, and electricity. You understand what it takes to get the job done; you
are a ninja when it comes to grinding away at issues and finding a
- Flexible. You're willing to help out wherever needed and wear numerous
hats in doing so. You are versatile enough to be an exceptional team player as
well as an effective individual contributor.
- Fun. You're a charismatic,
gregarious individual who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, courageous, and
enthusiastic about making the world a cleaner place for
- Install of electrical service
equipment, wiring, and devices required for the installation of residential and
light commercial solar PV systems.
- Lead the installation of
electrical systems that interconnect our solar array to the grid power of our
customer’s residential property.
- Ensure electrical work performed
electricians is pristine workmanship and compliant with the current National
Electrical Code as well as other relevant local
- Act as on-site supervisor for electrical teams and provide regular
reports of team activities to electrical managers.
- Troubleshoot system problems and
resolving electrical issues.
- Work with Operations Manager and home owners to
fulfill any necessary system upgrades/repairs to support our solar
- Work with local inspectors to meet and satisfy local requirements and
- Interface with the Electrical Manager to ensure compliance with ratios
and continuing education requirements.
- Train, mentor and develop
- Love heights and the idea of working on rooftops with proper safety
apparatus. Also love to crawl into small confined spaces such as
- Work independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced,
- Receive ongoing training from Master
- Not be required to have any prior solar
- Have the rare opportunity to help save the
- 4+ years of experience as an
- Hold current Journeyman Electrician
- Complete understanding of the NEC code book or plan to attend classes
with the intention of gaining these skills.
- Ability to calculate total load
amperage ratings, wattages, KW & KVA
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact positively in a
- Comfortable working in confined spaces such as
- Physical mobility of upper and lower
- Capability to work in various positions, including, but not limited to,
stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended
periods of time.
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example:
heat, snow, rain, wind, etc).
- Willingness and capability to climb ladders, stairs,
and work on rooftops.
- Ability to lift, pull, and push materials and
equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Capable to lift 50 lbs of weight
frequently throughout assigned workday.
- Superb customer service skills - a
high level of professionalism and a positive demeanor is a
state driver’s license.
- Pristine driving record (for example - no DUI within
the last 5 years).
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal
background check, national driving record check, and drug screen.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability