Financial Crime Analyst
We have an exciting role for a Financial Crime Analyst to support the Financial Crime team to prevent, detect, mitigate and report on Financial Crime Risk matters within the Centrica Group.
- Location: Windsor or London
- Assist Head of Ethics and Compliance, Lead Counsel in devising and implementing an appropriate risk based solution for third party relationship management, based on legislative requirements under the UK Bribery Act 2010 and regulatory requirements in the regulated businesses;
- Support the Programmes and Functions team in reviewing and managing third party risk across the Group, providing investigative support and research where required;
- Screen relevant individuals against PEP (Politically Exposed Person) / terrorist databases and ensure the timely escalation of issues / concerns to more experienced due diligence professionals;
- Evaluate watchlist screening alerts – closing or escalating as appropriate;
- Ensure accurate records are kept and maintained;
- Assist and support the MLRO as required with the mitigation of all financial crime risks;
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the business, legal and regulatory requirements which impact and risk appetite of the business;
- Develop and document robust process maps and enhanced documentation capturing the activity, strategy, governance, controls and approach of the team.
- Manage and provide MLRO with accurate MI.
- Assisting in the operation and maintenance of simple clear and fit for purpose ethics & compliance programme to manage and mitigate financial crime risk across Centrica.
- Operating clear business standards which define approach to managing Financial Crime risks (Bribery & Corruption, Money Laundering, Fraud, Trade Controls and Sanctions).
- Operating a strategy which ensures that Financial Crime standards are successfully adopted and embedded across the organisation.
- Familiarity with the Financial Conduct Authority, US OFAC and Department of Justice FCR regimes and other similar provisions.
- Familiarity with legislative requirements, including:
- Proceeds of Crime Act
- Money Laundering Regulations
- European Union Money Laundering Directives
- Bribery Act
- Fraud Act
- Criminal Justice Act
- Sanctions requirements
- Negotiating, influencing and communication skills to command professional respect. Developing close ‘trusted adviser’ relationships with key business leaders. Wins hearts and minds across the business and inspires others to act for the betterment of our business and its customers.
- Clear understanding and absolute adherence to ethical principles, company values, Business Principles and policies.
- Oral and written communication skills with a strong detail and analytical skills and the ability to identify and explain complex compliance requirements and convey difficult messages to all stakeholders
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Financial Crime Analyst R9910206 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.