Sr. Paid Media Analyst
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
Direct Energy is looking for a talented senior paid media analyst to help optimize digital marketing spend. This senior analyst will be responsible for the optimization, health, and conversions across multiple, varied brands within the Direct Energy family of brands and services. Working with a team of advanced digital analysts and managers, this senior analyst will have the opportunity to directly influence our digital planning and measurement strategy, to strengthen our acquisition efforts and to inform the optimization of our marketing spend.
The Sr. Digital Paid Media Analyst role is dedicated to driving meaningful and actionable analysis on integrated advertising campaigns. Key responsibilities will focus on understanding objectives, determining key metrics, deriving insights and articulating them to key stakeholders. A successful candidate must understand best practices in measurement and analytics. In particular, this role requires a deep understanding of digital advertising data, media buying platforms and the latest digital technologies. The right candidate will be a proactive, independent, strategic thinker that can effectively communicate throughout varying levels of the organization.
Specific Requirements, Skills & Education:
- 3-5 years of experience utilizing analytics geared towards Attribution and the measurement of Digital Marketing including analysis of Paid Search, Display Advertising, Affiliates, Social Media, Mobile, etc. focusing on Marketing campaign effectiveness analysis
- Strong knowledge of SEM and Programmatic Media buying as well as latest technologies including Ad Servers, Web Analytics, Data Management Platforms, Demand Side Platforms, Attribution and associated dashboards and APIs
- Knowledge of Ad Server operations, including ad tags and tagging QA as well as experience with Tag Management tools
- Familiar with Web Analytics tools, such as Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics
- Experience using SQL/SAS to perform cookie level analysis and/or build statistical models is a plus
- Proven self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Expert knowledge and capabilities in Excel
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills, collaboration skills; great attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree required - a degree in marketing, mathematics, economics, statistics, or other related field
- Campaign management & auditing: Drive the day-to-day processes for paid search campaigns across Google AdWords, Yahoo and Bing; recommend and implement new and or revised keyword, bid, ad copy, landing page and other related strategies. Ensure campaigns are running properly.
- Analyze campaign performance and develop appropriate reporting: Apply data analysis techniques to provide visibility into business performance for Paid Search, Display, Online Video, and Mobile.
- Present ideas and work to leadership: Create and share presentations regarding recommendations / actionable next steps on improving the online experience, driving more sales especially as it relates to traffic deriving from Media campaigns with peers, senior leadership, and leaders of other functions.
- Create rigorous Test and Learn agenda to drive continuous improvement: Execute A/B and multivariate tests to optimize performance. Stay well-informed of new research and analytical tools in the market.
- Build excellent relationships with key partners. Work hand-in-hand with internal and external partners to drive continuous improvement in digital media, creative, and content performance. Ensure we have the appropriate tagging strategy for new Digital Media campaigns (web tracking, ad tracking, etc.) Filter new partner opportunities appropriately.
- Manage budget pacing: Maintain accurate budget documentation and perform ongoing reconciliation.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text