Asset Manager - North
Energy Performance Contracts (EPC’s) provide guaranteed energy and carbon savings without the need for up-front capital expenditure. This is achieved through a programme of works to upgrade and maintain energy intensive assets and facilities with best of breed technologies. At British Gas we work on a wide portfolio of M&E retrofit EPC projects across the UK, within the public and private sectors (including NHS, education, retail and commercial) with values up to £10m (typically £500k -6m).
The Energy Performance team form part of Energy Construction Services and make up Centrica's Distributed Energy and Power business, and we are currently looking to appoint an experienced Asset Manager to provide support to the maintenance responsibilities within EPC’s (guaranteed savings) for our customers, ensuring maintenance compliance and maximising the performance of assets to achieve energy savings.
- Location – Northern England based flexible with regular travel to client sites
- Basic salary - £37,000 to £43,000 + bonus / car / pension / 25 days holiday and a range of flexible benefits
You will support the development and delivery of maintenance activities and offerings and manage the commissioning and handover process of projects from project delivery to asset management. In addition you will provide commercial support for warranty and maintenance contracts to ensure profitability targets and contract due diligence.
Further responsibilities include:
- Draft and support Request for Proposals (RFP) submissions, contract negotiations and final contracts with subcontractors providing maintenance services
- Oversee and track and warranty and maintenance activities and co-ordinate subcontractors
- Monitor subcontractor performance
- Provide vital feedback on the performance of installed improvement measures to enable the continual refinement of offerings
- Provide engineering judgement to asset and system issues
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise
- Liaise with customers on maintenance matters acting as a central communications point
- Track performance of KPIs and develop action plans to attain targets
- Ensure information systems are operated to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records
- Manage operational and regulatory risk, escalating as appropriate
We are looking for someone who has significant previous experience in an Asset Management, O&M or Facilities Management role and who has previous experience of assets and energy optimisation technologies such as CHP, biomass, BMS, lighting and optimisations, voltage optimisation, HVAC systems.
The following competencies are also important:
- Qualifications in mechanical/electrical engineering or a very high degree of technical knowledge/competence
- Excellent understanding of maintenance contracting
- Understanding of complex contract deliverables
- Excellent commercial acumen and contracting experience
- Experiences in subcontracting and managing subcontractors
- Experience in the use of computerised maintenance management systems
- Understanding of building management control systems, AMR and energy metering and monitoring
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing 'Update requiired: Asset Manager - North R9908274' in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com