Payroll Operations Manager
This role is responsible for the delivery of Payroll services delivered to the Centrica Group of Companies within the UK, representing payroll service delivery to 32,000 employees. Reporting to the Director, Payroll and Benefits Operations, this role acts as the process owner for all inscope Payroll services, and is responsible for managing Centrica’s third party provider responsible for delivering these services. The Payroll Operations manager is responsible for the overall management and governance of these services, together with their relationship with the wider business.
•Location: Windsor with travel
- Responsible for the operational governance of 3rd party payroll service provision within the agreed scope of services to the UK Centrica business, supporting a regular review of provider performance measures and intervening where necessary to ensure that expected performance levels are maintained
- Support all payroll audits (internal and external)
- Build, maintain and adjust payroll controls - ensuring compliance with ARIS/ARCM and developing, with the Director, Payroll and Benefits Operations, the controls to ensure that the key areas of risk are covered
- Manage ancillary variable pay components including expenses
- Provide functional support for SAP patching as required, including testing and sign-off
- Develops and drives a spirit of continuous improvement across the wider operations team and the 3rd party provider, constantly seeking opportunities to improve and develop the payroll service.
- Working closely with the HR Process Management team, responsible for change control in the payroll domain that impacts business or 3rd party processes or technology.
- Works closely with other country Payroll Operations managers, supporting operational delivery and sharing best practice as required
- Understands and manages key inputs to the payroll process arising from adjacent processes, e.g. onboarding, benefits enrolment, reward and performance management. Ensures that these processes contribute appropriately to the delivery of the payroll service and are changed and/or optimised as required
- Supports and owns ongoing change to the payroll process, coordinating the activity of 3rd parties and internal customers to design, build, test and implement changes effectively
- Constantly monitors the statutory and regulatory environment in the UK to ensure that emerging legislative and statutory requirements are identified and embedded into payroll processes, ensuring that Centrica meets its employer obligations
- Partners with the HR Process Management team to design, test and implement system and interface changes arising from corporate changes to data, processes or systems.
- Prior experience in a UK payroll delivery role mandatory
- Experience of developing and implementing employee communications to support change
- UK Payroll Certifications as a minimum
- Strong and proven experience of governing the performance of 3rd party outsourced service providers (experience of governing payroll transactional services an advantage, but must have experience of HR support service delivery as a minimum)
- Excellent communicator with a strong track record of building and maintaining effective internal and 3rd party stakeholder relationships
- Proven ability to manage change and implement operations arising from corporate business change
- Strong analytical skills
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to document HR processes and identify and implement improvements
- Ability to direct 3rd party providers to conduct forensic analysis of errors and exceptions where required
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org typing Payroll Operations Manager (R9908871) in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com