Quantitative Analyst Distributed Energy
Centrica’s international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We already have over 1000 customers across 3,700 sites and expect to invest heavily in new technologies and partnerships by 2020. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for a Quantitative Analyst based in our Oxford office.
Permanent position based in Oxford
Basic salary up to £27,000 + range of benefits
You will be required to conduct quantitative analytics for the O&M function of Distributed Energy UK & Ireland operations serving industrial and commercial customers. You will also work with other data analysts to deliver leading edge analytics services for our customers.
Other specific responsibilities include
- Quantitative analytics: Work with other quantitative analysts to analyse customer energy data, always seeking improvement in customer offering and service.
- Help establish & build analytics capability as a core DE&P competitive advantage: Develop and implement new innovative systems and analytical processes to improve asset performance and level of offering to customers.
- Team set up: support the formation of the energy analytics team, including integration of different parts of the current ECS business. Help establish a team to prepare, analyse and review performance calculations, energy performance reports, test specifications and methodologies.
- SLAs: Ensure service level agreements are met for customer contracts through the provision of analytics as required.
- DE&P objectives: Support broader DE&P growth through the provision of remote site commissioning for Energy Analytics services. Work with the management to deliver business objectives in line with the operational plan
We are seeking candidates who have experience with quantitative analytics capabilities in an energy environment and who is highly numerate with very strong analysis and reporting skills. We are also looking for the following:
- Experience developing new services with data analytics
- Knowledge of asset networking and data extraction techniques.
- Experience working in an O&M or service related business environment
- Experience in defining services and building marketable propositions e.g. the ability to commercialise data techniques for the benefits of our customers and DE&P
- Experience leading a team within an SLA driven environment.
- Knowledge of HVAC principles and Building Controls.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing Quantitative Analyst Distributed Energy R9908275 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.