Centrica’s international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We already have over 1000 customers across 3,700 sites and expect to invest heavily in new technologies and partnerships by 2020. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for a Safety Manager based in our Windsor office.
Basic salary – up to circa £60k depending on experience + car/allowance + pension and a range of flexible benefits
This role will work for the HSES Director, DE&P/EM&T and with the wider HSES heads and managers to:
- Lead the development of a deep understanding of DE&P/EM&T HSES performance in order to identify, lead and deliver HSES improvement initiatives
- Manage the overall DE&P/EM&T HSES change programme
- Lead the HSES planning, information management (incl reporting) and communications activities of the DE&P/EM&T HSES function
- Lead the behavioural safety initiatives ensuring that all initiatives are aligned to DE&P/EM&T and Centrica strategies
- Manage the safety input into the provision of DE&P/EM&T tools and the drive to consistency and knowledge sharing
You will also be expected to establish and maintain the business and HSES context for the DE&P/EM&T HSES team specifically through developing and maintaining a full understanding of the Centrica HSES change agenda and the DE&P/EM&T business agenda. You must work closely with the other members of the DE&P/EM&T HSES Leadership Team to understand their risks, challenges and controls in support of prioritising and supporting the HSES plan.
Further responsibilities include:
- To develop the annual HSES plan in alignment with Centrica HSES and DE&P/EM&T business planning processes
- To establish a consistent approach to HSES programmes and projects to ensure excellent project management processes and methods in the implementation of DE&P/EM&T HSES initiatives
- To create, manage and maintain methods for tracking and reporting on the delivery of DE&P/EM&T HSES plans
- To ensure the successful delivery of the agreed DE&P/EM&T HSES change programmes in partnership with the programme leads, their stakeholders and the sponsors including the use of change management thinking and methods
- To identify and deliver specific DE&P/EM&T wide HSES initiatives including behavioural safety initiatives
- To develop, manage, maintain and improve the flow of information management and reporting for HSES as required by the normal reporting cycles and governance frameworks
- To gain insights to HSES performance for future HSES improvement initiatives e.g. through risk review, investigations review and data analysis
- To develop and deliver an annual communications plan for HSES on a rolling 12 month basis
- To support the development of the annual budget planning process
- To design and coordinate an approach for DE&P HSES to regularly share best practice / knowledge within DE&P/EM&T, across Centrica and with external parties
- To provide support to the development, management and maintenance of the DE&P/EM&T HSES BMS content
We are looking for someone who has a strong background in HSES including risk and controls management. You must have strong interpersonal, influencing and relationship management skills and be able to inspire and lead others without line management authority.
Additional skills and experience include:
- Strong ability to bring creative and innovative approaches to changing behaviours at all levels
- Extensive knowledge of programme management, planning, tools / techniques and project delivery.
- Ability to define, evaluate and interpret data including presentation of data for information management purposes
- Extensive IT skills with core Microsoft products and project management software
- Familiarity with Technical Safety
- Experience of the LNG sector
- Significant experience in developing and delivering plans, programmes and individual projects in HSES to time and budget showing tangible improvements
- Track record of delivering continuous improvements in safety culture and HSE performance
- Experience of working in industrial projects and/or construction environment
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health and IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management would need to be obtained, or similar recognised level of qualification.
- Programme Management e.g. Prince 2
- Continuous improvement - Lean / Six Sigma or similar
Additional Website Text
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. British Gas operates a preferred supplier list and when required will source candidates through these agencies.