Head of Procurement Indirects
We have an exciting leadership opportunity for a talented, dynamic Head of Indirect Procurement where you will be responsible for the ongoing development and management of a supplier base which meets the strategic needs of the business and is able to bring solutions and new opportunities to the Group.
In this role you will be responsible of the leadership of Procurement activity across all globally driven indirect spend within the group as defined by the Chief Procurement Officer. You will be a key player within a number of functional leadership teams (HR,Finance, Legal, Comms) and part of the Procurement Leadership Team.
You will have significant global reach across a spend of approximately £350m per annum.
- Part of leadership teams (HR, Finance, Legal, Comms) contributing to the running of those functions and representing Procurement and Supplier Management best practice within that business
- Through the delivery of a category management approach a segmentation strategy for suppliers within their category and an appropriate treatment strategy to suppliers within each segment.
- Delivering a Procurement service from within their own team and across the Procurement organisation working in line with Procurement Business Partners within the business providing a service through them to the end stakeholder
- Agreeing and delivering the Procurement plan with Procurement Business Unit partners
- Direct line management of a team of Procurement professionals (15 to 20 indirect reports 4 – 5 Direct reports) delivering a service into the business unit and functions
- Part of Procurement leadership team supporting the wider Procurement agenda
- Proactively identifying new opportunities to drive value within the business unit
- Build a detailed market analysis of latest developments to drive structural improvements in total cost approach.
- Support BU Procurement Business Partners providing a procurement service in to them providing a second line Procurement service
- Keep Procurement colleagues informed to allow them to deliver their responsibilities appropriately
- Understand and deploy Procurement best practice into the Business Unit providing appropriate and timely advice to deliver the plan
- Manages a team of category and supplier management experts to deliver business needs across the functions within their remit.
- Deliver Category strategy and delivery in line with business and functional needs bringing category knowledge and insight to the organisation
- Strong leadership skills ability to motivate and manage a team to deliver against the agreed organisational goals
- Significant experience of the indirect procurement markets
- Previous engagement with a senior business community in a large complex business
- Experience of running a large scale Procurement team across a number of complex categories locations and jurisdictions
- Detailed and granular understanding of different market opportunities, key players, operating models
- Experience of supplier management of key supplier relationships and ability to segment and deliver and appropriate supplier management strategy
- Demonstrable experience of bringing innovation into an organisation through supplier relationships
- Delivery of a solution set across multi-business and multi-geography
- Experience of building value adding relationships with key international suppliers and leveraging activity across a multi-geographic environment
- Ability to prioritise, manage complexity effectively and provide clear leadership
- Proven relationship-builder – internally and externally
- Strong engagement with stakeholders across the organisation up to and including regular interaction with the Functional Heads. Engagement with suppliers up to CEO level
- Ability to work collaboratively within relevant management teams bringing proactive expertise, challenge and support
- Ability to challenge industry norms and proactively seek out opportunities to deliver sustained improvements in performance
- Extensive industry relevant experience, along with a degree (or equivalent) or professional qualification.
- A strategic thinker, but also highly delivery focused.
- CIPS/ISM Qualifications desirable but not mandatory
- Degree educated or appropriate relevant experience
Additional Website Text
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. British Gas operates a preferred supplier list and when required will source candidates through these agencies.