Asset Integrity Technician
The Asset Integrity Technician is an integral position within the Centrica’s Canadian Operations. Reporting to the Asset
Integrity Lead, you will responsible for the asset integrity of the Central Area. The operating properties are concentrated between Red Deer, Alberta and west of Rocky Mountain House, Alberta.
This position will be based out of the Rocky Mountain House office.
- Responsible for their specific area asset integrity of pipelines, pressure equipment and piping and related facility equipment including non-pressure storage tanks
- Responsible within their specific area to help in the development and stewardship of the annual AI budget
- Responsible within their area to identify Integrity Risks and to implement and monitor an adequate management process (Cenozon)
- Responsible to identify Integrity procedure gaps and to arrange required Contract Support
- Required to assist in incident investigation as required
- Promote and assist the effective management of asset risk through the company’s Management of Change system.
- Identify and track AI cost saving activities
- Promote and assist the creation and continued updating of an opportunity/activity list and assist in its risk ranking
- Ensure third party tie in assessments within their area include an integrity evaluation
- Ensure New Development Engineering within their area is provided integrity evaluation guidance
- Ensure training to the corporate integrity documents is provided to the applicable stakeholders
- Oversee and / or conduct inspection activities within their area
- Ensure inspection related activities are reported
- Ensure the pressure equipment inventory and ensure dispositions of assets and their records are properly tracked (MaxiTrak)
- Identify and initiate corrections to Asset Integrity non-conformances
- Intermediate to senior level of experience in oil and gas operations
- Applicable qualifications in asset integrity related fields should include
- API 510/570/571 - Pressure Vessel Inspection/ Piping Inspection/Advanced Corrosion & Materials
- CSA Z662 and /or W178.2 Level II welding inspector
- CGSB Level 2 NDE Certification in UT/PT/MT
- NACE courses leading to certification
- ASME B31.3 and/or ASME Section VIII Div. 1
- In-service pressure equipment inspector certification
- Excellent organizational, leadership, presentation and people management skills
- Excellent understanding of upstream operations, equipment and terminology
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license or equivalent
- Certification in H2S Alive, First Aid, Confined Space, Ground Disturbance and Safe Driving
- Experience in Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Contractor Management, and Vendor Auditing
- Understanding of Western Canadian provincial oil and gas and environmental acts and regulations, especially Alberta
Centrica Energy is an international business operating in the UK, Europe, North America and Trinidad and Tobago, delivering a balanced mix of gas and oil production, power generation and energy trading. Centrica (Canada) is a top ten gas weighted producer in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin with 6760 operating wells and over 600 people across our Western Canada operations.
We operate our businesses reliably and efficiently and by strategically developing energy resources to meet growing consumer demands. Our continuing success is driven by a high performance, pioneering and safety focused culture where the achievements of our people really matter and make a difference.
Please visit our careers page at: www.centricaenergy.com/canada to apply online.