SAP ABAP (IS-U) Developer
British Gas Information Systems are looking for a SAP ABAP Developer to join their fast paced Core System SAP Application Development Team in Staines (TW18), London.
You will be part of our SAP Finance Team working within a delivery focused environment that is responsible for designing, developing and supporting innovative solutions across the extensive SAP IS-U and SAP FI/CA landscape.
- Salary:£45,000- £55,000 with bonus, pension and flexible benefits
- Location: Staines (TW18), London
What you will be responsible for:
The role is a key part of the Core SAP Application Development working predominantly in the ISU/CRM technical area. As the SAP technical developer you will be responsible for the end to end delivery of code into production as well as engaging with multiple teams across our Core Systems Division to ensure that the end solution goes live without issue
- Quickly develop skills enabling you to understand and develop the complex and critical Finance and Debt processes that SAP CRM and IS-U support for Energy
- Responsible for developing high quality and efficient technical solutions
- Have a keen eye for quality ensuring governance, documentation, best practises and coding standards are followed and the quality is adhered to
- Support various Test phases within the project
- Provide production support when required
- Responsible for developing high quality and efficient ABAP code whilst working within an Waterfall or Agile
- You would quickly need to establish a strong command of the existing application architecture, code base, enterprise integration and delivery methods as well as building a strong network of contacts within the scrum and the Project
- Responsible for end to end delivery into production
Experience we need:
- SAP Developer with technical hands on experience in ABAP IS-U or exceptional knowledge of IS-U
- Hands on experience across the ABAP technical arena in areas such as Object Orientated Programming, Classic ABAP skills, Understanding of SAP CRM Middleware processes such as BDoc modelling, XIF interfaces, administration processes and migration/synchronisation processes
- At least 2 software full lifecycles implementation
- Knowledge on FICA processes would be beneficial but not essential
- Ability to challenge and explore design and delivery plans and apply different approaches to arrive at the most favourable options.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with different people at all levels in a business or technical language depending on the target audience
- A positive and delivery focused attitude delivering a great customer experience
- Good analytical skills and a aptitude and attitude to make a difference
- Good understanding of ISU data model and integration with CRM
- Experience in Custom Adapter Objects
- Strong technical skills to enable writing an application design to detailed design
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing SAP ABAP (IS-U) Developer R9990206 in the subject title. This role closes on Monday 7th November 2016.
Agencies: British Gas operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.