Centrica Storage Ltd has opportunity for a Instrument Technician to work on our Easington Terminal (Humberside). This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing maintenance and planning team at the UK’s largest gas storage facility.
- Package: Staff position and associated benefits package.
- Location: Easington, Humberside with occasional work requirement from Hedon office (Humberside).
Centrica Storage operates the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire which produces gas from and injects gas into the partially depleted Rough gas field, approximately 29km (18 miles) off the east coast of Yorkshire, which has been converted to a storage facility. It is the largest gas storage facility in the UK, able to meet approximately 10% of the UK's current peak day demand and to inject and store a large volume of gas. Centrica Storage at Easington also operates and maintains the York onshore gas Terminal which processes gas produced from the York offshore gas field.
- Performs C&I maintenance in compliance with C&I engineering standards.
- Performs maintenance on site C&I related equipment as defined by Centrica Storage Ltd’s (CSL’s) Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Provide technical discipline input into operational risk management.
- Support the terminal operations and maintenance teams by participating in Management of Change reviews.
- Will create and provide work reports to the required standard and will actively support the site’s work planning & execution process.
- Maintain CMMS data to the required standard with regards to work evaluation and closeout for both Planned and Corrective Maintenance.
- Deputise for the lead C&I technician as required.
- Support & participate in HS&E improvement initiatives.
- Be a member of a rota to provide 24 hour support to CSL operated assets.
- Participate in root cause analysis to resolve Safety & Reliability issues.
- Actively demonstrates, promotes to team and others the companies’ culture of care; lifesaving, office and house rules.
- Job holder will be qualified to minimum ONC or HNC level in C&I engineering discipline.
- Job holder will have completed a minimum of an industry standard C&I apprenticeship scheme or equivalent NVQ accredited modern apprenticeship.
- Practical understanding of ATEX and DSEAR.
- Good interpersonal and analytic skills and the ability to influence and communicate at all levels.
- Ability to problem solve using a variety of techniques to identify root causes and potential solutions.
- IT literate including experience with Microsoft Office products and Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Hold a current COMPEX certificate (TECH-300-EEHA-01, Ex01 through to Ex04).
- Experience of C&I Systems Engineering within the Oil & Gas or associated major accident hazard process industries onshore or offshore.
- Knowledge and experience working on equipment associated to plant Distributed Control Systems (DCS).
- Working knowledge of SAP CMMS.
Centrica Storage Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica plc. With our head office in Staines and main engineering office in Hedon, we operate the Rough gas storage facility in the southern North Sea, the York off and onshore gas processing facility and the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire. Our Rough gas storage facility, the largest in the UK represents around 75% of UK’s current storage capacity. Gas is stored in the Rough field on behalf of a large number of customers, including utilities, gas traders and gas producers. Centrica Storage's commercial team is separated from those parts of Centrica that deal in gas supply, gas shipping, trading and storage procurement
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required will source candidates through these agencies.
Vacancy Closing Date: 10th November 2016