SAP CRM Technical Lead
British Gas Information Systems are looking for someone to join our Applications Development Team in a role to lead a small team of developers and functional consultants predominantly in the SAP CRM, IS-U and UI-5 space
- Location: Staines (TW18), London
- Salary –£55,000 -£65,000 with £5k car allowance, private medical, pension and further competitive benefits
You will be responsible for and own technical and functional capabilities like home-move, sales, losses etc. within the Contract Management team and will report directly to the Contract Management Development Manager
Following are some of the key responsibilities encompassed within the role
- Manage and enhance key functional and technical areas (capabilities) within the contract management team. This will require working with other functional teams and team leads ensuring right governance and guidance is provided to the team members
- Provide necessary solution recommendations and impact assess deliverables from various projects, small changes as well as BAU incident fixes
- Lead with example a small group of developers and functional consultants. This will also include few Development Leads aligned to specific projects implementing improvements in the capability areas
- Be responsible for the timely deliverables (including code, configuration, documentation, controls etc) from the projects with absolute quality and work very closely with the Development leads, Project Managers, Solution Architects, Test Managers and other key individuals from within the projects to achieve this
- Actively participate and contribute into the Technical Design Authority forums ensuring projects implement out of the box, scalable and end-to-end solution with best practices in mind
- Build and maintain relations with senior stakeholders throughout British Gas including IS and Business teams
The successful candidate would need to show the ability to be a strategic thinker, natural leader and demonstrate following skills
- SAP CRM including BOL/ GenIL, Web UI and CRM middleware
- Knowledge and hands on experience of the Contract Management processes within SAP CRM
- SAP ABAP with strong OOPS
- Technical understanding of SAP landscape including, but not limited to E-E technical architecture, transport mechanism, integration etc
- Understanding and hands-on experience of complex development frameworks in SAP
- The candidate MUST come from programming and/or architecture background Candidates with good understanding of Insurance and Utilities data model and domain expertise are desirable. Additionally, it will also be expedient for the candidate to have understanding of industry standards and technologies like
- HTML5, SAPUI5, SAP Fiori
- SAP HANA
- Netweaver Gateway and SAP PI/ PO
- REST based services
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing SAP CRM Technical Lead R9990124 in the subject title. The closing date for this role is Monday 7th November 2016.
Agencies: British Gas operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.