HSE Advisor - Distributed Energy & Power
Centrica’s international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We already have over 1000 customers across 3,700 sites and expect to invest heavily in new technologies and partnerships by 2020. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for an HSE Advisor.
- Location - Rotherham with regular travel to Northern client sites
- Competitive salary with great benefits and opportunities
The role will provide specialist HSE guidance to management, HSE focal points and personnel, on compliance with all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation. Further responsibilities will include:
- Guide and assist in establishing processes and procedures to provide safe systems of work ensuring that health and safety risks are eliminated or reduced
- Support the growth of a positive and strong Health, Safety and Environment culture throughout the Centrica Group by implementing processes to develop, monitor and report continuous improvement
- Ensure a robust Safety and Environmental Management System
- Work closely with Operational, Engineering and Integrity personnel to ensure the UK&I (DE&P) Management System adequately addresses process safety management
- Identify those aspects of the UK&I (DE&P)activities that can have an environmental impact, maintain a register and assess for significance and ensure measures are implemented at each project / site to effectively manage the risks
- Ensure that registrations are in date with timely submission of applications for relevant safety schemes in procurement and other Client requirements
- Utilise databases for the gathering and reporting of pertinent HS&E information, reporting accidents and incidents, including any process safety related incidents, which require statutory reporting to the Head of HSES in the required time and analyse such data to determine causal events and trends.
- Lead or participate in multi-disciplined audit or incident/accident investigation, including process safety, to determine root cause and/or any deviation from good practice, recommending corrective actions as appropriate
- Manage the local level relationship between the project / site and the outsourced Occupational Health support service, ensuring that policies and procedures align and are integrated within their processes
- Assist with health, safety and environmental based PQQ and Tender submissions
- Liaise with Clients safety representatives & conduct joint inspections
- Provide assistance with specialist health, safety, environmental and fire assessments as required
- Educational requirements: As a minimum, NEBOSH Certificate – General & Construction or Diploma and IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management would need to be obtained, or similar recognised level of qualification.
In addition we are looking for the following experience and competencies:
- Expertise working within an construction HSE environment
- Knowledge of HSE systems and industry best practice implementation
- Understanding and experience of the construction industry and working within Client facilities
- Ability to influence others without line management authority
- A good communicator who can interact effectively with the senior leadership teams, Client’s other stakeholders and contractors representatives
- Hold a full driving licence
- Experience in advising best practice in relation to health, safety and environment risks within a construction environment
- Track record of delivering continuous improvements in safety culture and HSE performance
- Experience of working in industrial projects and construction environment
- Knowledge and experience of 18001 and 14001 auditing systems
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing HSE Advisor - Distributed Energy & Power R9908665 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.