Environmental Advisor – Centrica Distributed Energy & Power
Competitive salary + excellent benefits package
Location – Flexible with regular UK travel
Centrica’s international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We already have over 1000 customers across 3,700 sites and expect to invest heavily in new technologies and partnerships by 2020. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for an Environmental Advisor in the UK.
The role will provide environmental support and advice to assigned areas of the DE&P business to enable it to achieve its legal, business and corporate objectives. It will also support the development and implementation of management systems to enable Centrica to meet its environmental expectations and targets.
- Enabling the enhancement of environmental performance across the DE&P business through the implementation of controls, objectives and targets and establishment of monitoring and reporting processes.
- Supporting the development, deployment and maintenance of the environmental components of the DE&P management system.
- Supporting the ISO 14001 programme including planning, organizing and facilitating external assessments.
- Supporting the HSES assurance plan to ensure compliance through provision of subject matter expertise in audit planning and execution.
- Working with stakeholders to define and manage delivery of environmental initiatives incorporating best practice and providing help and support to ensure compliance with all aspects of environmental legislation.
- Developing and where required, delivering environmental training and briefings.
- Playing a key part in the development of environmental initiatives and working with the wider HSES team in support of the business goals and strategy.
We are seeking candidates who have demonstrable experience and practical knowledge of construction site based environmental issues. In addition we are looking for the following:
- Strong sector knowledge of relevant environmental legislation and best practice approaches to environmental management.
- Experience of developing/ implementing ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- Practitioner member of IEMA
- Advanced computer and system literacy and a good knowledge of environmental performance measurement and reporting.
- Proven track record of developing constructive relationships, of influencing change and delivering objectives.
- Ability to influence others without line management authority.
- Higher education (degree, diploma) or professional qualification in Environmental Management or equivalent.
- Full driving license.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button, To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com and put Environmental Advisor (R9908369) in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered