Regional Community Engagement Manager - Yorkshire and the Midlands
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Corporate Citizenship team as the Regional Community Engagement Manager for Yorkshire and the Midlands. The postholder will be responsible for leading the regional engagement strategy for Yorkshire and the Midlands for both internal audiences and external third sector/NGO stakeholders.
The role is for a 12 month contract.
This will include:
- Supporting Centrica & British Gas sites, academies and field teams to activate the group wide Corporate Citizenship strategy locally, for example via volunteering and fundraising activities
- Engaging with external CR stakeholders in the region on issues core to our responsible business strategy
- Providing on-going team support and lead key strategic projects for the Community Citizenship team.
- Lead regional community engagement strategy for Yorkshire and Midlands
- Develop an external stakeholder engagement plan for Yorkshire and the Midlands - both upstream and downstream sites and assets - aligned to Group Corporate Citizenship strategy
- Engage with third sector/NGO stakeholders on our material issues, in alignment with Corporate Citizenship strategy and priorities and work with Corporate Affairs colleagues to support with Corporate Citizenship engagement with wider stakeholders (e.g. MPs, local media)
- Support Centrica & British Gas sites, academies and field teams to activate the group wide Corporate Citizenship strategy, locally
- Support and coach Corporate Responsibility representatives in Yorkshire and the Midlands, guiding the development of local Corporate Citizenship plans to ensure they align with the Corporate Citizenship strategy
- Provide additional support for the Volunteering manager and Schools partnership manager in activating the volunteering plans in Yorkshire and Midlands, through training, planning and facilitation of opportunities
- Provide on-going team support and lead key strategic projects for the Community engagement team.
- Experience and understanding of the third sector landscape for Yorkshire/the Midlands
- Experience of volunteering programmes and Corporate Responsibility representatives networks
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Proven track record of managing partnerships and/or programmes in a fast-moving delivery focused environment
- Budget management experience
- Commercial Know how
- Building Great Relationships
- Making change happen
- Planning and organisation skills
- Agency/supplier management skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
Additional Website Text
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. British Gas operates a preferred supplier list and when required will source candidates through these agencies.