Sr. Network Analyst
Sr. Network Analyst – Overview
The Sr. Network Analyst will be responsible for responsible for maintaining and developing Centrica Energy’s current network and assisting in the future growth and expansion of our network infrastructure. Reporting to the IT Manager, you will lead and drive technical decisions required on projects.
This position is located in Calgary, AB.
Sr. Network Analyst –The Role
- Translate functional and technical requirements into logical solutions and technical direction
- Operate, troubleshoot and design enterprise data networks
- Provide support of data protocols, architectures, standards, addressing, routing, switching and data security
- Provide expertise in Cisco devices, specifically Cisco routers & switches, Cisco ASA firewall and Cisco implementations of LAN, WAN, VPN, firewall clusters, secure wireless, content filtering, load balancing, traffic analysis
- Develop systems documentation including configurations, Visio diagrams, operational procedures and manuals
- Basic IP telephony knowledge
- Identify and solve complex problems at the network, systems and application layers
- Mentor and provide leadership to the technical team
Sr. Network Analyst –The Person
- Cisco certifications (CCNA, CCNP); experience with various Cisco products, WLC, NAC, IPS, and Nexus
- Significant experience in an enterprise architecture environment, with advanced knowledge of systems architecture
- Senior level experience in a network role
- Solid networking skills and be able to understand and document network architectures
- Degree (or equivalent) in computer science, systems or a related discipline
- Working experience with Datacenter / Cloud, networking, or collaboration products and technologies (preferably in an Enterprise environment)
- Extensive knowledge of technologies including VLANs, RSTP, 802.1q, PoE, trunks, LAGs, T1/DS1, frame relay, MPLS, TLS, PPP, VRF
- Extensive knowledge of routing & services including DHCP, DNS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, GRE, HSRP, QoS, multicast
- Solid background with firewall security policies involving complex objects, rules, NATs, inspection policies, etc.
- Familiar with wireless security, WEP vs. WPA vs. WPA2, PEAP/EAP,
- Ability to travel, occasionally work out of core hours
- Understanding of ITIL process and procedure implementation and management
- Organized and able to effectively prioritize work
- Strong problem solving and communication skills, and the ability to articulate ideas and solutions in a manner that compels action
- A sound understanding and knowledge of the oil and gas business ideally in the upstream environment would be an asset
Sr. Network Analyst – The Company
Centrica Exploration & Production (C E&P) is an international business operating in the UK, Netherlands, Norway, Canada and Trinidad and Tobago, delivering a balanced mix of gas and oil production, power generation and energy trading. C E&P (Canada) is a top ten gas weighted producer in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin with 6760 operating wells and over 600 people across our Western Canada operations.
We operate our businesses reliably and efficiently and by strategically developing energy resources to meet growing consumer demands. Our continuing success is driven by a high performance, pioneering and safety focused culture where the achievements of our people really matter and make a difference.
Please visit our careers page at https://www.centrica.com/careers to apply online.