Interstate Natural Gas Pipeline Scheduler
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- At least 3 years of Interstate Scheduling experience
- Strong analytical/detail oriented skills
- Strong communication and Team oriented skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure in a deadline oriented environment
- Willingness and endurance to work in a grinding 24/7 environment
- Nominate, schedule and confirm volumes on interstate pipeline(s)
- Have a thorough understanding of the operation and commercial aspects of the tariff for the pipeline(s).
- Monitor and update a large amount of Capacity Release Contracts and rates for the pipeline(s) on a monthly basis
- Balance the pipeline(s) in the internal operations system to meet Nat Gas Accounting billing requirements and internal controls
- Know the operations of the pipeline(s); including but not limited to constraints, interconnects, balancing rules and discount opportunities
- Work with the Spot Gas Trader to create and execute capacity optimizations while meeting retail and wholesale demands
- Balance the pipeline(s) on a daily basis through coordinating with the daily cash traders/retail schedulers and utilizing the pipeline pools and balancing services offered by the pipeline(s).
- Develop/Maintain Trusted Partnerships with all parties in the supply chain including third party schedulers, traders, pipeline reps and internal personnel.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text