The job of Electrical Inspector involves working as part of a team to complete the inspection and testing of low voltage electrical installation work within given time scales. This will primarily be achieved during normal working hours but there may on occasion be a requirement to work out of hours dependent upon the type of installation and access hours dictated by the client. The Electrical Inspector will work with the Electrical Lead Inspector to ensure that a professional service is delivered in a safe and timely manner. The Electrical Inspector will report directly to the Contract/Project Manager
1) To carry out electrical installation periodic inspection and testing work as specified. Such work to include:
- Must possess an ability to work closely with the Lead Inspector & Operations Team, to enable completion of the work in a safe and unobtrusive manner and as far as is reasonably practicable minimising impact on the clients normal operations, whilst achieving the required work volume and output required by the company
- The role requires a person with good communication skills, capable of working as part of a team
- Duties to include the requirement for carrying out fixed wiring inspections, the ability to complete minor remedial works if required and the production of accurate and concise British Gas Electrical Solutions or NICEIC certification which ever is relevant to the completed work
- The ability to produce network drawings as required in accordance with current company drawing specification’s to a clear, concise legible standard which will cross reference directly and accurately to the periodic inspection report issued for the completed work
- The role will require relevant IT skills to enable the production of reports in a digital format utilizing a tablet PC. The recorded data to be transmitted via the internet directly to a client’s website and the British Gas central data collection for internal processing
2) Additional requirements:
- A proven ability to work in a safe manner in accordance with company policies and procedures and in accordance with current health and safety legislation
- A requirement for the role is the ability and dedication to maintain awareness and keep up to date with current legislation, undertaking any training as required to maintain the competence associated with the high standards expected of the position
- Work closely with the Lead to ensure that all test equipment is returned to the office annually or sooner if requested, for re-calibration
- Ensure that the Lead is aware if any of the test equipment that is faulty or may give doubt on the validity of measured values is returned to for calibration checks
- The inspector should work closely with the Lead to ensure that all company issued equipment is maintained in good condition and inform the HQ line manager if items are faulty or require replacement
- Possess recognised electrical qualification preferably as a time served electrician
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in requirements for Electrical Installations (current IEE wiring regulations)
Preferred but not essential:
- City & Guilds Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
- First Aid Appointed Persons
- Confined Spaces
- Safety Passport
- ECS or CSCS or CCNSG
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing Engineer R9907378 in the subject title.
Agencies: British Gas operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.