CEN30183 Sustainability Reporting Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sustainability Reporting Analyst to take responsibility for Corporate Citizenship data collection, collation and data assurance to support the production of sustainability reporting and communications across the business. In this role you will be providing analysis and insight to improve data processes, learn from best practice and have the relationship and project management skills to deliver on recommendations and projects effectively.
- Location: Windsor
- Total package up to £50k (depending on experience)
- CR reporting and communications - manage investor focused reporting including CDP climate change submission, research and rating agencies requests (e.g. FTSE4Good, MSCI) and engagement with sustainable and responsible investors (SRIs). Provide support for wider Corporate Citizenship reporting suite including Corporate Responsibility (CR) Report, infographics and videos and respond to data requests from other teams and functions.
- Community investment - lead the collection and reporting of community investment and volunteering data and the development of additional reporting functionality for the company wide Volunteering and Community Contribution Portal.
- Sustainability metrics - deliver the annual data collection and verification and prepare metrics and KPIs for inclusion in the Annual Report, CR Report and data centre. Also maintain a Corporate Citizenship metrics dashboard to measure the quality and delivery of Corporate Citizenship programmes.
- Non-financial data assurance - manage the annual assurance of non-financial KPIs working with external assurance providers and internal data owners to sign-off and improve non-financial KPIs for the Annual Report and CR Report.
- Best practice - provide input on best practice and trends to support the development of sustainability metrics to improve performance and company reputation.
- Stakeholder engagement - build a strong internal network across the Corporate Citizenship team, wider functions and Business Units to deliver projects smoothly and effectively and identify opportunities for improvement. Engage with external stakeholders including investor/ SRI stakeholders.
- Excellent skills and demonstrable experience in data management and analysis, including strong capabilities in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good understanding of sustainability issues and reporting best practice.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and simplification and be able to make those changes happen.
- Excellent relationship building skills and a proven track record of collecting and collating performance data across a matrix organisation.
- Strong project management, communication, written and presentation skills.
- Confidence to represent the Corporate Citizenship team with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances, make the adjustments as necessary to deliver projects successfully.
- Knowledge of SRI, community investment and external benchmarks (e.g. CDP, FTSE4Good, MSCI) and experience of managing community investment reporting platforms, non-financial KPIs and assurance preferred.
- This role would be most suitable for those with the following experience: CR, sustainability and community investment roles in companies and other organisations; SRI analysts; sustainability research and rating agencies; HSE analysts.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing CEN30183 Sustainability Reporting Analyst R9990179 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.