BG31489 Interaction Designer
Rathbone place, London (5 minutes from Tottenham Court Road tune station)
Connected Home was given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone and not just the technophiles amongst us. We are here to give customers more control over their lives and homes by providing products that are beautiful in their simplicity and design. Our first product, Hive Active Heating™ was created from this philosophy.
We look for brilliant people who love solving challenging problems and develop innovative products. At Connected Homes, we give you the chance to make an impact while working in an environment that facilitates learning and collaboration.
What will you be doing?
For this role we are looking for a well-established Interaction Designer, you’ll have previous experience in a similar role, and thrive in collaborative working environment. Alongside other designers and product managers, close to the in-house developers to co-create brilliant user interface designs that work across platforms on multiple device screens and scenarios.
You will report to the Lead UX Designer and be responsible for creating designs for the Hive applications with particular attention to interaction and context that enables users to accomplish tasks as easy as possible with minimum frustration.
Following the Hive Design signature and principles that are all about efficiency and simplicity, you will be working in a fast paced environment with a rockstar team that prides itself on its informality and Agile approach.
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be
- Adobe Cloud advanced experience (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc)
- High standard UI design portfolio including grid layout, typography, iconography and application design examples
- Excellent understanding of design patterns in all platforms (iOS, Android, Web)
- Proven experience with prototyping tools such as MarvelApp, Flinto for Mac, Invision or Framer JS (just to name a few)
- General experience with HTML5/CSS3 or XCode
- Proud to devise and test interactions that are meaningful to users
- Able to explain the process and not just design the prototypes
- Strong experience with communicating with Developers and their requirements
- The ability to generate concepts and assets for different screen sizes
- Have a well-developed sense of colour and composition
- Adhere to and follow existing styles and digital guidelines
- A robust and self-organised approach, and be able to take direction and critique and be a real team-player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build good working relationships
Salary; £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience, + bonus and excellent corporate benefits
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. We were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone. We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing technology products and services that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are.
We launched our brand Hive, in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. We’ve also launched MyEnergy, a product that provides customers with helpful insight into their energy consumption.
Now, less than 2 years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 150,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected thermostat, and with our range of products and innovations we continue to go from strength to strength.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing BG31489 Interaction Designer R9990223 in the subject title
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required will source candidates through these agencies.