DE1753 Revenue Assurance Analyst
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The Revenue Assurance Analyst I will be tasked with the data mining and associated analytics to ensure the company is properly invoicing all customers in accordance with our contractual obligations. This will include all rates, indices, and settled data including the mathematical computations utilized to derive them. The analyst will need to identify gaps and recommend solutions to systems, process and reporting gaps that limit the effectiveness of current quality control measures. The Analyst will consult with Senior Analysts, management, subject matter experts, personal knowledge base and industry best practices to identify and create fit for purpose quality controls along the customer billing lifecycle. The Revenue Assurance Analyst I should have a variety of competencies including strong data analytics and problem solving skills, as well as exceptional communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor degree required; concentration in Economics, Finance, or Business preferred
- Previous energy industry experience preferred; especially the rules, regulations, and tariffs that are imposed by FERC, ISOs, and Utilities
- Previous energy settlement experience preferred
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office including: Excel, Visio, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to programmatically retrieve data from SQL or MS Access Databases utilizing SQL coding or with excel utilizing VBA
- Proficient in coding / programming to automate solutions in MS Excel using VBA
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- An understanding of process control techniques, policies, and procedures is a plus
- Previous process improvement experience preferred; especially experience that leverages technology as part of the solution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with personnel at various levels throughout organization
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Resourcefulness and ability to work with limited supervision
- Self motivated and very detail-oriented
- Supports the overall accuracy of all Direct Energy Business billing system input and resulting output
- Responsible for the accurate and timely review and analysis of existing systems, data, and process to determine their effectiveness and develop strategies and proposals for establishing new or optimizing existing key controls for the DE Business Billing platform.
- Contribute to the definition of project scope documentation, develop requirements and work with IT and other cross functional teams to deliver the expected benefits through project completion
- Perform continuous reviews of all rates and indices including the mathematical analysis used to derive them
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text