Franchise Compliance manager
Direct Energy is seeking a Compliance Manager to work with their franchise team. This position will be responsible for the oversight of compliance with
Franchisee Agreement standards, policies and procedures during the franchise relationship and compliance with termination requirements at exit. Coordinates, reviews and approves franchise audits, including the assessment and direct working relationships of multiple service providers. Directs the review and verification of pre-entry franchisee records and operational status. Recommends changes, ensures that contract policies and procedures are followed and establishes techniques to discover and prevent non-reporting of franchisee sales. Selects areas for operational accounting. Develops audit procedures and systems. Oversees audit findings and recommendations.
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- 5-7 years of relevant management experience
- Bachelors in Business or Accounting
- Prior experience in a franchised organization preferred.
- Analyzes results, identifies trends in non-compliance, makes recommendations for improvements and effectively reports results to management.
- Audit Process – Performance of franchisee audits and managing/directing of franchisee audits performed by third party service provider (dependent on overall structure and staffing).
- Assists in the determination and scope of audit testing and audit selection process.
- Develops framework and rules for non-compliant franchisees and manages implementation and enforcement of same.
- Works with operations and other departments to determine an audit pipeline.
- Works with Accounts Receivable to resolve Accounts Receivable reconciliation issues discovered during franchise audits.
- Reviews franchise agreements in coordination with the Company Legal Department to determine appropriate course of action.
- Ensures that revenue is accurately reported through audits and other processes and procedures.
- Acts as a liaison with the external audit team in support of franchisee audit results
- Supervises and guides the work of staff and 3rd party contractors as necessary.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>