CEN30351 Manager - Speak Up
Acts as the manager in charge of the global Speak Up line for Centrica. Provides all management information and analysis flowing from the Speak Up Line. Runs the team managing all matters coming into and through the Speak Up line.
- Rationalising and building then implementing one global Speak Up line and external provider for the same.
- Manages concerns, queries and investigations flowing directly from the Speak Up line and also oversees the timely management of investigations being carried out by others (also flowing from Speak Up).
- Managing the relationships and contracts with the external providers required to maintain the global Speak Up Line on behalf of Centrica.
- Management of the Speak Up team. This includes talent management and succession planning, training and competence, building appropriate capability and ensuring the team is appropriately structured to deliver on its remit.
- Responsible for setting, maintaining and communicating all processes and controls operating through the Speak Up line (To include but not limited to the intake, triage, escalation and closing processes for Speak Up globally).
- Oversee the operation of the Speak Up employee helpline and provide an internal resource with which concerned parties may communicate after other formal channels and resources have been exhausted.
- Conduct independent monitoring, reviews and investigations into ethics and compliance matters as required.
- Responsible for generating management information concerning Speak Up on a periodic basis so as to keep management informed of the Speak Up MI. Should work in conjunction with the Manager for Reporting to ensure that this MI is reporting to the various businesses and functions making up Centrica.
- Provide answers to employee questions about company policies, procedures and standards and escalate to Compliance management or other functional areas as needed.
- Leadership and management skills – must have the ability to lead and manage a geographically dispersed team.
- Negotiating, influencing and communication skills to command professional respect at the highest levels.
- Developing close ‘trusted adviser’ relationships with key business leaders.
- Wins hearts and minds across the business and inspires others to act for the betterment of our business and its customers.
- Clear understanding and absolute adherence to ethical principles, company values, Business Principles and policies.
- Good oral and written communication skills with analytical skills and the ability to identify and explain compliance requirements and convey difficult messages to all stakeholders.
- Track record of collaborating with senior leaders to help facilitate their role in ensuring the effectiveness of the ethics and compliance program.
- Managing complexity in a fast moving environment.
- Supports but also challenges for improvement.
- Personally accountable.
- Confronts difficult situations with sensitivity.
- Demonstrates expediency and adaptability.
- Treats others fairly and equally.
- Speaks the ‘truth’.
- Demonstrates technical know-how.
- Bachelor’s Degree or beyond from accredited four-year university or college (or equivalent experience).
- Experience of managing a whistleblowing line for a large company.
- Directly relevant professional experience, i.e., compliance and energy market experience, law firm or regulatory agency, relevant U.S. or UK compliance, regulatory, legal, risk, auditing or internal controls work experience.
- Solid and relevant experience conducting investigatory interviews (in the energy industry preferred).
- Experience of people development, project management and leadership experience.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing CEN30351 Manager - Speak Up R9990072 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com