This role has been created as part of a team to deliver a variety of legal services to multiple business units in the UK and Ireland region.
The individual will be a member of a strong, high performing legal team in delivering a strategic legal approach to commercial and contract related issues for all BUs across the region, providing support for commercial issues across a number of BU’s depending on where the need arises, and to adapt as necessary to becoming a virtual member of the BU team for a sustained period if necessary. This will create an opportunity for the provision of support on a flexible basis, and for this role to access a variety of work and experience across multiple BUs.
- To deliver complex and high value legal, risk and strategic advice to the UK&I business units to enable them to deliver their commercial objectives.
- To provide appropriate and timely advice on a range of legal matters impacting the UK&I business units giving appropriate considerations to applicable laws and regulations at both a UK and EU level.
- Instructing and managing external lawyers and third parties where appropriate to ensure appropriate and cost effective advice is provided to the business.
- Support the business units in managing operational and regulatory risks, including the development and delivery of key policies, training and guidance to the business to better manage legal risk within the business units.
- Developing strong stakeholder relationships and networks within business units to support the delivery of objectives and the management of risk.
- Supporting the legal team objectives, including involvement in projects to improve team performance, management and talent development.
- To support the introduction of innovative and effective systems for managing high volume legal issues, including automated contracting and processes/workflows and capturing MI and data to inform demand management and prioritisation.
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Broad commercial law experience including basic knowledge of areas of law including contract law, competition, privacy and intellectual property
- Strong communication, impact and influencing skills Education
- Professionally Qualified lawyer of high calibre – preferably with in-house experience Work Experience
- Minimum 4 years’ PQE
- Business facing experience in a legal role dealing with a range of commercial legal Job Description issues as well as working directly with business leaders
- Good presentation skills with experience of delivering effective training
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to offer pragmatic and commercially sound advice
- Experience of working in a regulated industry would be beneficial Certifications
- Qualified solicitor with a UK or equivalent practicing certificate
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andrew.Neil@centrica.com typing Counsel Commercial CEN30385 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com