Project Manager (ME/MEL)
What will you be doing
- You’ll lead a Programme centred around the delivery of outcomes that meet the Business Objectives, where design ideas and strategies deliver value as early as possible
- Understanding and assessing critical paths and dependencies for delivering and shipping products/ features and facilitates discussions between product, technical and commercial teams
- Performing risk management planning, identification, analysis, responses, monitoring and control, increasing the probability of positive events
- Programme planning to establish an overall program plan, including key milestones, and drives progress to achieve program plan within time and budget constraints
- Aggregate, organize, and synthesize program information in order to communicate with extended team and management
- Evaluating existing processes and procedures, suggesting recommendations and driving process improvement and adoption of best practices (processes, tools, etc.) to improve team efficiency and effectiveness
- You’ll also triangulate the accountabilities between Product Management, Technical and Commercial to create an awesome team
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be
- Extensive experience working as a programme manager or similar consultant role
- Previous and demonstrable experience in business management and/or relevant programme management functions in an at-scale e-commerce, enterprise, or mobile product company with
- Experience or an appreciation of working with a globally distributed organization is preferred
- Working experience of Evo Programme Management which is preferred but not essential
- The flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Have the established credibility to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- The ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation
- Able to step into leadership gap by assuming authority/responsibility when necessary
- The initiative to solve underlying systematic issues that cause recurring problems across multiple product teams or organizations
- Providing clarity and guidance and establishes strategic policies/procedures at the cross-product level, especially in times of conflict or uncertainty
I’m Carla (firstname.lastname@example.org) the Resourcing Partner for Connected home. I’m excited to learn about your background and how you can become part of our market leading team in Connected home.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an innovative business that is leading the connected home market. Hive is a British Gas innovation that creates connected products designed to give people the control they want for their homes remotely. The first product Hive Active Heating launched in 2013 enabling people to control their heating and hot water from their mobile, tablet and laptop, followed by the next generation Hive thermostat in 2015.
This year Hive has launched a family of complementary connected home products including SmartPlugs, sensors and soon to be released lights
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing Project Manager (ME/MEL) R9907443 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com