Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Data & Insights team is seeking an Analyst to assist with business analytics, data development, data engineering and reporting. The successful applicant will contribute to the initiatives of the Data & Insights group. The candidate will efficiently produce quality results in a very timely fashion while handling multiple duties. The candidate will analyze problems, develop solutions and implement those solutions. The candidate will build reporting that yield insights that improves company performance. The work will require a high level of focus and attention to detail. With excellent organizational skills and self-motivation, the applicant will be a reliable team player ready to work in a dynamic and diverse environment. The candidate will draw on excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a quantitative discipline such as finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, information systems or related sciences and engineering fields.
- Working knowledge of the retail electricity business.
- Strong analytical, attention to detail, technical, and problem solving skills.
- Advanced SQL with the ability to work on large datasets and expertise in query optimization.
- Data management skills in a large enterprise data warehouse environment.
- Experience working within a big data environment and knowledge of Hadoop (preferred but not required).
- General understanding of database management systems design and operation.
- General understanding of data engineering and its application on a big data environment.
- General understanding of SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services and ETL development and maintenance.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work extended hours to meet critical due dates.
- Self starter and ability to master new skills and tasks quickly.
- Advanced MS Excel.
- Gather requirements from business users and data system owners regarding how data functions, ways to interpret data and develop data designs.
- Develop new data solutions, tables, architecture and structure while maintaining a high level of accountability through building detailed test cases, validating multiple scenarios while ensuring the data works properly.
- Build new standardized reports through SSRS for business users.
- Build ad hoc reporting through a multitude of different applications (examples include but are not restricted to Tableau, SSRS, Excel, etc.)
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text